Cooler Recommendations

Billy V

I'm thinking about putting a large cooler (120-150 Qt) on the swim deck of my new boat, and was wondering what recommendations/experiences you guys have had with various manufacturers. I'd also like to know where you found your coolers.

I'm considering putting the boat name on the back of the cooler with a die-cut sticker/decal. So a I'm guessing that a smooth finish instead of a dimpled finish would be important too.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Bill ,due to the small size of my boat i was thinking of making a custom box ,, if ya know someone in a metal shop maybe even BOCES that could be a idea to ponder ,Im on my 2nd large cooler at 70.00 bucks a pop (4 YRS)2to3hundred for a custom box might not be too bad if its gonna last there must be a website for custom boxes ..always thinking never learing... Ray K. hot soked the leg this morn and i straightened it without help . probly put my stix back in the cellar for the season www.customcraftedcoolers.com

Bill. I use a 105 qt. Gott with a split lid. But then I don't keep that many, whenever I feel I can release. With you chartering however, I'd go with the 150 split lid. Also the dimpled will not affect putting on a vinyl graphic. That is what exactly I have on mine.

Center hatch behind the seats in the middle of the deck should have a box under it unless the box has been removed. It was standard from Penn Yan for that year boat. Under the center hatch between the seats should also have a removable box under it.

Bill,

On your old boat, did those 2 floor wells have drains in them, or did they just drain into the bilge? On my 245 Penn Yan Contender, I have the 2 wells in the floor, but there are no drains on them, they simply drain into the bilge, so I just use a 150QT Igloo that i got from SAMS Club.

I know where there is a center box not being used I can probably get my hands on.. ( between seats) But not so sure about the deck box.

I've got to give you a call later anyhow about the trailer deal. I'll let you know then.