Sea star hydraulic hoses

High Bidder

I have been trying to find out what style of hose ends are on a Sea star 2.0 Pro helm. Sea Star will only tell me to use their hoses but they are not available. The hoses they have available are for return lines with no pressure. Are the hoses connected to the helm a standard JIC type hydraulic hose fitting. I am going to connect a Raymarine EV100 autopilot pump. I hate to disconnect the existing helm line before I know what type they are.

The female side of the Teleflex fittings at the helm & cylinder are 3/8th compression as stated above, whether you use there high pressure tubing or premade hose. Hose #'s are HO51xx for the standard and HO57 for the Pro version XX being the length. The hose ends are designed with an o-ring seal to couple up with the 3/8 comp fitting & stand alone fittings are nonexistent to buy separately as Teleflex has rights to the design. If you use the high pressure Teleflex tubing you would use a standard compression ring fitting preferably with an insert. Either way the female side is the same with either hose or tubing. Hope that helps clear things up.

Dear Hank,

The tubing is 3/8 od and is made by Imperial eastman  66NSR  2500 PSI rating Chamberlin Rubber Co. Rochester. You may have a problem with minimum buys/pricing Fittings are avaiable also....same problem, minimum buys.Hope this helps you a little bit......borderline 350

Bill thanks for sharing the info on the tubing but as you say pricing on bulk is an issue for the average guy installing his own pilot. Most outboard systems utilize the hoses in the system anyway and I use the hoses now to install from the pump to the ram in my inboard installs too. The HO51's are normally readily available in the any length you need at a reasonable price all made up.

Good hearing from you Bill !  > How is lower De. treating you??

I ended up getting the factory made hoses and fitting kit from Marine Engine parts. Best prices and fast shipping. The Raymarine instructions are not the best and Sea Star's are non existent. I guess they want a dealer to install their equipment. Luckily it was similar to a Simrad system for which I had prior experience and who has real installation instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

any good hydraulic shop should be carry every fitting needs to make it work, i got all my stuff from fluidpower for my ev-200, i did have them make lines which are overkill but the last thing i want to fail is my steering