Sold / Closed 1978 Starcraft w/ 1984 motors

bondouley

ok its time for me to upgrade to a bigger boat    Im selling my 1978 18 ft aluminum starcraft that has a 90 johnson outboard and a 9.9 johnson kicker motor as well.  The 90 horse was rebuilt in 2010 by pugsley marine and is a perfect runner. It starts with just a turn of the key even in the cold weather.  The 9.9 kicker is a 1 pull motor and will run all day on a tank of gas (5 gal). I rebuilt the carb in it this spring cause it wasnt running right but now she runs like a dream.   The boat comes with a full canvas top, ez load trailer, lowarance mark 5x pro fish finder, depth raider down speed down temp, 2 collapsible planner boards and masts but the handles on both the reels are broke.  Now for the bad stuff.  the boat does have a slow leak in it somewhere but i cant find it cause i cant flip the boat over.  I have sealed everything i can see but couldnt get everything.  It hasnt stopped me from using it cause the bilge pump has no problem keeping the water out.  there is a small tear in the drivers side window up at the top.  The floor needs to be redone but i have laid new plywood in it so i could use it for this yr.  the boat has some flaws but that to be expected for a 1978. Im asking $3200 or best offer   Im really in the market for a bigger boat but the Mrs said I need to make room in the driveway before i can get the next boat so i would be open to any offers.   This boat was a great starter boat for me but now my lady and i are looking for something with a cuddy to sleep on and a boat big enough to tournament fish on when the weather isnt nice.   Feel free to pm me or text me 585 319 6106 my name is Dave.    

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Starcraft are nice boats. Beautiful platform for someone starting out. Sounds like you've had a good time with her. Looks to be rigged nicely. Best of luck on the sale! Like saying good bye to an old friend. Best wishes to both of you on your future ride! Steve.....

• 4 weeks later...

ok its time for me to upgrade to a bigger boat    Im selling my 1978 18 ft aluminum starcraft that has a 90 johnson outboard and a 9.9 johnson kicker motor as well.  The 90 horse was rebuilt in 2010 by pugsley marine and is a perfect runner. It starts with just a turn of the key even in the cold weather.  The 9.9 kicker is a 1 pull motor and will run all day on a tank of gas (5 gal). I rebuilt the carb in it this spring cause it wasnt running right but now she runs like a dream.   The boat comes with a full canvas top, ez load trailer, lowarance mark 5x pro fish finder, depth raider down speed down temp, 2 collapsible planner boards and masts but the handles on both the reels are broke.  Now for the bad stuff.  the boat does have a slow leak in it somewhere but i cant find it cause i cant flip the boat over.  I have sealed everything i can see but couldnt get everything.  It hasnt stopped me from using it cause the bilge pump has no problem keeping the water out.  there is a small tear in the drivers side window up at the top.  The floor needs to be redone but i have laid new plywood in it so i could use it for this yr.  the boat has some flaws but that to be expected for a 1978. Im asking $3200 or best offer   Im really in the market for a bigger boat but the Mrs said I need to make room in the driveway before i can get the next boat so i would be open to any offers.   This boat was a great starter boat for me but now my lady and i are looking for something with a cuddy to sleep on and a boat big enough to tournament fish on when the weather isnt nice.   Feel free to pm me or text me 585 319 6106 my name is Dave.    

You might be able to find the leak if you fill the hull with water while the boat is on its trailer in your driveway. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

the boat needs a new floor but everything else works as it should.  The motors( a 90 horse and a 9.9 horse both 1984 johnson outboards) are in perfect running order and the trailer is still in great condition the down riggers both work and so do the electronics.  I need to move the boat cause Im moving in the near future and dont want to have to worry about finding a place to store it.    Im asking $1000 or b/o   priced to move

Actually I just sold boat for 1200 bucks to another guy Who is going to sell it. The guy I was suppossed to work on it with said too much work I picked it up no ? Asked went over the boat for 4 hours outside. Needed a lot for me. Luckily I found a buyer quick. it's Craigslist dude. My wife was pissed. I won't get into what the boat needed but that's the chance you take. Find something better to do with you're time

I'll be honest that I don't care what he did with the boat. He payed me what I asked for it so if he can make some money off of it then more power to him!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If someone pays the seller what they want for the boat and tries to make a few bucks so be it.   This boat in particular has been on here for months and the price kept getting lowered so plenty of people on this site had there chance and finally someone bit at $1000.00   I get ticked off every time I see the trolls do this on Craigslist.  If someone else wants to take the risk and try to flip something, more power to them.  Its America and free enterprise.   I have flipped a few and also have gotten burned on a few I tried to flip.

If someone pays the seller what they want for the boat and tries to make a few bucks so be it.   This boat in particular has been on here for months and the price kept getting lowered so plenty of people on this site had there chance and finally someone bit at $1000.00   I get ticked off every time I see the trolls do this on Craigslist.  If someone else wants to take the risk and try to flip something, more power to them.  Its America and free enterprise.   I have flipped a few and also have gotten burned on a few I tried to flip.

Agreed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app