I get the concept, but have a couple questions I've never run them.

What size diver? How long of a lead off the ball (I get this can vary depending on fish) but looking for rule of thumb or what works for you guys. Do you run a free or fixed slider with this presentation?  I only have two riggers so need to choose wisely what I run on each, I always run one in ice water and one 20-30 up. Do you like spoon then flasher fly on outdown or flasher fly off ball then outdown with the spoon.

Thank you in advance for any tips and answers. 

I use out downs when the kings are staging, and glued to the bottom. I use standard diver on a 3 setting on my rigger rods.. Let it out about 40 ft. That should get it down about 10ft.lower than the ball. Then lower the rigger 10 ft from bottom getting the diver and FF right in their face. I think they are spooky in shallow water and schooled up. Keeping the rigger weights off the bottom is a good thing. If this application works other times, I wouldn't know, I only do it like I described.

Edited by on the lam

Thanks for the response. Helpful 

I stacked my divers over the ball, one rod off the ball and then stack the diver 10 or 15ft. over the ball out about 40ft.,that puts the lures in the depth you want, it also lets you run your diver or slide diver on mono.and still be able to release the diver to retrieve it. Its best to have duel rod holders and point the upper diver rod out and the bottom rod pointing in, that will keep the lines from getting crossed on a release.  good luck.

Edited by W.W.IV.

Makes a great setup, only be careful on the drop of the ball if you are using a fixed release on the wire with the diver. Too fast and the diver will turn over and spin, collecting the ball rod sometimes. Go slow and let the diver stay in plane, and you will be ok.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If this theory is used in the fall for the staging fish, this would be a perfect set up for a J plug, they dive a little, buy staying 3-5ft off the bottom should put a J plug right in their wheelhouse!! Thanks again this is a good thread!! Oh yea and a nice bait to stack also.