Lowrance Sonarhub with CHIRP / Airmar TM150M and Structure Scan LSS-2

Is anyone else running the new Lowrance Sonarhub with CHIRP and SS LSS-2 xducer's (I have an HDS-8 Gen2 non-touch 4.0 code). I ordered mine today and getting it tomorrow. I am really looking for advice on xducer mounting with an outboard (Verado 250). All input is welcome. I only want to drill holes once. Should both xducers be on different sides of the keel one port / Starboard). Should or can they both be on the same side. Wil my outboard play havoc with the LSS-2 xducer.  TIA

Just a suggestion but you might want to consider getting a plastic transducer mounting plate  and use two screws to mount it on the starboard side (with good quality marine sealer in the screw holes and that way you can play with the positioning without drilling additional holes int he hull for starters. Hard to see in the pic because of the white on white but I think you can see what I'm talking about. The red arrows are the only screw holes drilled in the hull.

post-145411-0-37349500-1470767282_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

I have a Gen 3 HDS 12 and run both of those transducers without the hub. I seldom use the structure scan in the Great Lakes but more in Florida. I use medium chirp setting with the TM 150 and achieve very detailed results trolling. I have twins and the transducers are mounted about twelve inches apart between the motors.

I was just talking with my buddy (who will be doing the drilling) about that xducer "mounting plate". I was wondering if I could go to Lowes and buy a thick piece of white plastic (3/4 thick). It looks like cutting board material (they have it in stock). Then, I don't have to drill more holes in my transom. Are there any "rules" in how far apart the LSS-2 and the TM150 should be. I am fine mounting them all on one side. I could just enlarge the hole I have today for the current xducer cable to get it into the boat. Possibly need a larger clam-shell cover. 

post-140167-0-75273500-1470771440_thumb.jpg

lost a lure is correct on the 3M stuff it is what I actually meant and used and referred to as "silicone". I edited my previous statement above :)

You can mount both ducers a few in's apart but the Structure scan needs to be lower; when you do a install like this you can use the overlay downscan feature.

You can also put the Structure scan ducer on the opposite side but still need to be lower. You will have to trim-up you're main engine to free-up the view on the side-scan