Cayuga Lake Fishing in early Oct.

Hi Guy's : I ama newbie to your Lake Ontario United site :) Lov what I've been reading on your post :

I have never been to or fished the Finger Lakes. We are making a trip up In early Oct. of this year w/my wife & another couple .

We are coming up from central Ohio for a week for some fishing & wine tasting ( drinking) ðŸ·We

will be staying @ the south end of Cayuga Lake & I am bringing our 21' Lund that I have a couple of

down rigger's on it.

I would be grateful for any info that fellow member's would be willing to share ( no secret honey holes )

😉 Mainly on type of fish for that time of year & type of presentation & location .

I have mainly been a Walleye fisherman on Lake Erie & caught a few King Salmon & Lake Trout ,but

just a few .

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thank's Guys! looking forward to hearing from you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Given where you're staying, try to work in a dinner at the Taughannock Farms Inn, an historic gem of an establishment. (Now wouldn't be too early to make reservations)...

Just keep watching the fishing posts and you'll get a heads up on where the fishing action is leading up to your trip.

There are several wineries with dockage mid lake. Great way to do the wine tour is by boat and some have bistros so you'll be able to grab a bite to eat. The ladies will love it. Most if not all are pet friendly so if your bringing your best friend with you you'll be able to take them along to O'Malley's and the wineries.

If you want to send me a bottle of Cayuga Lakes best red I'll make this book available for your trip...... ;)

post-139511-0-15972800-1472650630.jpg

Hey thanks a lot stinger

The girls are looking forward to checking out wineries & bistros .

The boys are looking more for the fishing. I really appreciate all the great

suggestion I'am getting from LOU members .

Can't wait to wet a line

Tell me a little more about your book & what is in it ? Maybe we can talk