Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superhawk18

Aluminium screw hole filler recommendation

Good Day, after several different rod holder mounts, the top of my gunnel has open screw holes in need of filling. Any product recommendations appreciated....

Thanks, Dave

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have this problem as well, I was gonna try to fill it in with a tig weld then grind it flat but havent had time to attempt it. Dont really know of anything else to try besides a puddy like JB Weld or something.

Not sure if the size of the hole, is a blind rivet too small? If not a stainless pan head bolt with washer if needed can give a finished look.

Thanks guys....All worth thinking about. Adding the track would be a nice improvement. Pan head screws would be the fastest. And Tig ..May give the best "never touched" look. Rex and JB weld....also good. Thanks again

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Welding an aluminum structure after it has been riveted puts a different strain on the rivets and you may be creating more problems.

Think I will try the pan head fix first. I have a stainless supplier close to my house that should be able to supply a few screws/bolts to fit. Plus, no harm if they don't work out.

I have 2 aluminum boats. I also destroy everything and am not the best at fixing it. But.....I have used aluminum brazing rods and a propane torch to fix holes and tears in the hull of my boats. Flux core aluminum rods in home depot. Cheap and easy. Watch a few utube videos