Headed out tonight with my daughter, niece, and youngest son. Definitely a little bumpier than I hoped but we were off. Set down in 250 fow and started dropping lines. 50 degrees down 85 ish. Started picking up bait right away and some decent hooks with it. After a couple good chasers we moved the riggers around and switched up the color's. Two min later bam fish on. Dialed in all the riggers and switched up to match colors and bam fish on again. At this point the screen just keeps getting better and it's a matter of time to smack a nice fish....... Then my son started puking all over the boat (somehow he misses all of lake Ontario) ........ That's a wrap until Saturdaypost-152622-1470794110906_thumb.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I Have saltist 30's spooled with 30lb mono. I'm stepping up to 40's though for capacity. I run 50-100 feet of line out then Clio the weight and send another 200 feet out. If I'm in shipping lanes for steelhead I Lighten up the leader to 20lb. I can't remember the last trip they didn't produce fish. Last three outing when the temp is down 85-100 in running the big torpedo rated to 90 feet and their grabbing kings everytime. I also run the smaller ones for high lines. I fish allot with kids so coppers stay home and these are always swimming

Someone just asked me what the torpedo weights are.... that's next to a mag spoon......... I like the rigger idea, that I haven't tried yet. To me these set ups are a great tough bite, East wind day, etc. I can't count how many times we ran over fish and almost timed when the torpedo in the background was going to get hit. The clip I use also has a "pin" in the middle to prevent losing a weight.

just wanted to ad to this great tip you can ad a church tackle stern planner to this set up and run it way back down the shoot in clean water i catch lots of nice salmon this way and it dosnt  tangle with other rigs .