putting a flasher on the ball

I have see some guys put a flasher or dodger on the ball for attraction what is the opinion on that is it not worth it or does it really help if I have 2 clean spoons stacked would that help to attract them and if its good to put one on what do you guys recommend.

I think a better use of the flasher is to just run it short to the ball on your line so that they appear to be a "unit"  and they see the spoon or fly as "related" to it rather than perhaps just coming to look at the ball commotion.

I've been running two Hot Spot Agitators in tandem off the ball for the last three or four seasons then running an Apex or spoon 5ft above and behind the last Agitator. That's been my top producer since I started using it.  

When the fish want a "loud" setup I will run Big Al's triangular looking flashers of a ball or two. These flasher track in a straight line so you don't have to worry about tangles

Me too, and the Agitators, they seem to add some extra flash and attraction.

Ive run both flashers and cowbells off my cannon balls. I just put a stacker clamp a couple feet above it and it works fine. Also have put a rigger clamp at the end of the bells with success. I can't say it's helped or hurt the fishing, but it really lets you know where your rigger ball is on the graph.