CAYUGA LAKE. 8/11.

I guess I'm still stuck. From what I've read they may not open until boat is under load. Biggest problem is that it's a hour plus drive to anywhere to find out what is and isn't working.

Points and everything looks perfect in distributer cap. Hear is another food for thought idea that a race car mechanic seemed to have. The boat is fine on level or mostly level plane. Runs perfect in drive way with muffs. No hesitation but also no load. Motor also runs fine when in the water and level. However as we all know when we accelerate the motor you create a bow wave or the stern digs a hole. This boat seemed to dig a hole it can't get out of and is robbing the carb for gas because of the float bowl. Now here is my thought. If while accelerating and the boat digs it's hole should I start to trim up a little to help get the boat over the bow wave. The mechanic seemed to think that would help. Anyone have any other thoughts. This is my first Inboard outboard and is also my first boat that had any king of trim.

Ahhaa choke adjustment spring linkage was out of adjustment. Secondaries now open with hard throttle what a difference in the sound of the motor. See what happens now on the water. Thanks everyone for the assistance. She got sea foamed new spark plugs new fuel filter everything. Stumbled on a video on YouTube that showed adjustment that needed to be done and it fixed it. Heading for cayuga lake on Wednesday. See what happens.

Anybody have any new info. On cayuga just starting points. Was there last week didn't know if all the rain changed anything will post results Wednesday night thanks in advanced

Thanks again appreciate the tip. I found it strange to be hitting Lakers the other day in 60 ft of water over 110 to 140 ft of water. I don't have down temp but seems years past the Lake trout would have been deeper but just a observation looking back at my notes from 2 yrs ago. Anyway thanks again.

Small L's are in shallow. Start on a 100ft shelf and sort through them on the west side. 1/2 a beer action over the weekend. I drink mine somewhat quick. Rainbow 45 to 35 over 90 100 if you run a stack. A boat that will plane gets boobies to bounce I've noticed. Glad it's sorted out for now.

Sure is a good feeling getting things working right. Good for you, good luck the rest of the season. Due to weird weather I have not been up in two weeks. Have to wait for good weather before venturing very far from home.....jk