Ruff Rider on the DL - Live Report Aug 13-15

I appear to be having a hard time staying healthy the past couple of weeks... in last night's volleyball game an attacker came under the net on a spike while I went up to block... I came down on him and felt/heard a loud pop in my ankle... off to the ER we went.

61678c823f8a9cd5183ad4a5433de671.jpg

A nice softball emerged from my right ankle. Xrays came back negative, and I see an Orthopedic on Monday to see if I tore a ligament or God willing if it is just a severe sprain.

So.... we are headed up to the lake now, but I'm not sure how much we will be able to fish. The lake will have to be flat for my crutches/safety. We will see.

I'm hoping with my Father's and Theresa's help this weekend we can at least pull the boat and get the new Simrad GO7 XSE installed along with my new center super computer... ok tablet, but super computer sounds cooler.

Fishing reports from Sodus tonight were "eh". Some fish being taken from 100-200 down 75. Not fast and furious though, which makes me wonder if the fish have finally begun to move out into that 350+fow. If the weather is nice and you aren't catching/marking in the 1-200 range tomorrow, it might be worth running deep and seeing what's out in that 350-500fow range.

I don't know, 1st a displaced rib now the ankle???

I know Theresa seems to be so mild mannered and she's put up with you all this time but this is beginning to look like spousal abuse

Then again, you probably deserve it anyway :)  .  Maybe you need to take up something a little less physical, like needle point.

I don't know, 1st a displaced rib now the ankle???

I know Theresa seems to be so mild mannered and she's put up with you all this time but this is beginning to look like spousal abuse

Then again, you probably deserve it anyway[emoji2] . Maybe you need to take up something a little less physical, like needle point.

Personally, I think she used her jedi forces to pull the guy under the net... she of course denies it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time but my dash is small and was going to use an Ipad with the navionics app only.  My concern would be the WIFI connection and any data lag to the tablet.  Still a neat idea for sure.

Yikes, what an afternoon. Thank God for friends. We got the boat out, old transducer removed. The new transducer plug was huge, so we had to drill a bigger hole through the transom. The 5200 was too liquidy in the heat, so the hole didnt fill completely. Going to fill again later tonight.

The flush mount finder and gps were a nightmare to get out. We got it, but a few sockets will never be found again.

More work tomorrow...

4cc4402f3de560e928bb583623fd459a.jpg

89c7cadadd193494e8673c4b785d231c.jpg

c2a0770c6940b8d47df511ae0ce02502.jpg

c439649d3742819303ae9751be0eee8e.jpg

Thank god for friends and relatives... Now where is Mrs. Ruff during all of this and where are you spending the nights???

She slept on the boat last night and wasn't havin much fun. I slept in the car. The hull hole with 5200 seems to be setting, so I'm hopefull we can put it back in the water tonight.