Ruff Rider on the DL - Live Report Aug 13-15

Soon as you get that GO7 up and running with a test, screen shots etc...(you should stay seated behind it...you know...crutches..oops!) let us know how it works for you. I am looking at the NSS 9 or 12, but would like to know how you like that unit (size and touch features, intuitive rating, visibility, and power, mostly). I just installed a 2 weeks free trial of navionics on a Acer A500 tablet. That seems pretty nice so far ..from the couch anyway.

Hope your hind leg starts working better for ya! Its not really that you're getting unhealthy, more like just getting older. Don't worry though, soon over time, (several decades) your mind will adjust to the rest of you, and then you'll be ok. I do alot of couchfishing these days until my body catches up with my mind...

Mark

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ok boat is back in the water, ton of cursing, sweating uncontrollably and a few changes of direction and almost done... pics tomorrow.

Only problem is, the GO7 was supposed to come with a password for connecting the tablet, but I cant find it anywhere in the box...

I have not used any of this equipment but can it be that you need to create a WiFi network on the tablet and then connect the Simrad to the SD ID using the password you created for the network?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If I understand the directions, the GO7 is the wifi network. The tablet connects to the GO7 network. I searched everywhere in the box trying to find a PW, but no luck.

The initial password might be the serial number of the unit Nick. I know routers etc. often have a numerical designation under them or on the back that serves that function until you establish the connection and then change the password to something you wish.

Edited by Sk8man

I did some reading on this WiFi setup. It appears you have to enter a network key that should be on your GO7 connections screen.

Have you turned on your scan for WiFi devices on the tablet, then entered the network key for the GO7? I don't think you need a password unless going through a wireless hub, or connections to a wireless provider such as a marina supplied hot spot. Also as mentioned above there are two modes. One to connect to a wireless network providing a broadband Internet connection for updates to the GO7 software and the other mode is client mode for your own interconnected wireless devices direct to the GO7. .when you get the prompt, "always allow" after typing in the key from your GO7 onto your tablet, you should select "yes" and then you don't have to enter the password each time.

Essentially I believe the password is the connection key listed in your available WiFi devices in range identified as "Nexus 7"

If you experience more trouble, you can do a hard reset by holding the power button down for 30 seconds and listen for 2 chirps then release. Restart with the power button.

In the settings menu for the go7 there should be a wifi set up option within that menu it should list the network name and password and give you option to change either from there on your tablet goto settings wifi than select the GO7 one and it will prompt for password I played with a lot of models in store connecting my phone they all worked in more or less the same manner

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks everyone, we finally found it. It was buried in a setting, that caused a pop up box, you then had to click that pop up box to get more info. The designer should be shot.

So that let us connect, BUT...

It shows the connection, we click on it, the GO7 asks if we want to allow control, we say yes, then blank screen...

Wtf. All we have is a power button up top that when pressed on the tablet, does act like the power button on the GO7... but nothing else.

There is a new software version out for the GO7 that I need a micro SD to download, so I will have to bring one up next weekend. Hopefully, that will take care of the black screen, but I'm not sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The blank screen is on the tablet, Nick? Is the screen even lit up with blue or black?

Yes the black screen is on the tablet. It is "working" because the power button on the tablet controls the power button on the GO7. It is just like the main feed from the GO7 isnt coming through.

Yes the black screen is on the tablet. It is "working" because the power button on the tablet controls the power button on the GO7. It is just like the main feed from the GO7 isnt coming through.

Sounds like an issue with the tablet. Does the tablet work ok with all of its apps and stuff? On that tablet, you can do a hard reset by turning it off. Then hold down the volume up button while pressing the power on button. It should reset all the properties. Maybe that will get it to run the screen mirroring function of wifi..Frustrating electronic stuff!..