Fishing for 3 days Aug. 19th-21st and wanted to know what the majority would do.  Coming up from Northern PA and have a place to stay on Mexico Bay but have heard the fish are few and far between.  I've fished Olcott once this year and did quite well.  

Also does anyone fish Walleye out of Olcott? 

Thanks, 

Fishing for 3 days Aug. 19th-21st and wanted to know what the majority would do. Coming up from Northern PA and have a place to stay on Mexico Bay but have heard the fish are few and far between. I've fished Olcott once this year and did quite well.

Also does anyone fish Walleye out of Olcott?

Thanks,

I don't know of anyone who specifically targets Walleye out of Olcott - if there is I'm sure they will keep that secret. About 8 years ago I caught one just shy of 11 pounds on a rigger,out in 425' of water on a free slider. Totally blew my mind. They can be caught in the river or off the bar. Don't bother asking for info about that- tight lips!! As far as olcott or Mexico- I would wait it out to the last possible minute and monitor this site. Those kings got to be making there way East. The only sure thing about olcott this time of year is the steelhead bite offshore.

Battle hammer. Much obliged and I'm sure the walleye info is kept close. We do the same thing on walleye and Muskie where I'm at. Thinking I'll take your advice and see if they move and reports are different over that way. Free place to stay on catfish creek versus hotel in or near olcott. Good luck if you get out this weekend. Appreciate the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The kings are in the eastern basin, Mexico Bay, you just need to know where to look. Here is a hint, you fish here in late June and July...... Not with cowbells, but hardware... Everyone is complaining but if you look, you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

Capt Rich

Capt Rich, my copy and paste function doesn't work off this App so I rewrote your response to a buddy of mine in buffalo that fishes 5x more than me to get an interpretation, ha. My experience for salmon is limited. My ability to crack salmon related riddles even less likely. But I'll take your word for it. Guess if I go my tank will have lots of gas in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We just came back fished wed afternoon from Little Salmon to plant, 140-250 FOW. Good temp down 90 but blank screens. Did take one mature on 300 copper FF. Fished thur morning daybreak till noon Little Salmon to big river and stayed 120-140. Again good temp down 90 but blank screens. One small laker on dipsey out 280 and dropped 2 screamers on 400 copper FF. Looks like another down year on this end to me.

Edited by Firechief48

It is not hard to figure out, look at your temps and what these fish do before they run the rivers. Someone picked it up very fast, again not hard. Think like your quarry, and use your electronics. We spend big $$, listen to what it is telling you!!! Then you will be listening to screaming drags!!!

Capt Rich