Spoonfed.... Agreed. Albeit I am very green to fishing the big lake, but I have been fishing other water in NYS for over 25 years. There aren't many fish in the bay yet, and I'm skeptical that there won't be much again this year. Beyond a shadow of a doubt , there's something going on with salmon in Lake Ontario. I don't know, and we will never know as we won't ever get the truth. Being a "new to me " boat owner, I hope I'm totally wrong. I guess time will tell. A crash like this is the last thing the area needs, the region has been through enough.

You got some good lake trout, good job, and a couple salmon, great

Thanks. Appreciate that.

Straight forward hard work and putting smiles on as many different faces as I can is whats it's about for me. No BS, no adjendas and no secrets involved in todays catch. Bells and peanuts, Flashers and flys, straight 30 lb Ande from the bottom of spool right to the snap swivels. Seems to work for me.

Good fishing,

Glen

Spoonfed.... Agreed. Albeit I am very green to fishing the big lake, but I have been fishing other water in NYS for over 25 years. There aren't many fish in the bay yet, and I'm skeptical that there won't be much again this year. Beyond a shadow of a doubt , there's something going on with salmon in Lake Ontario. I don't know, and we will never know as we won't ever get the truth. Being a "new to me " boat owner, I hope I'm totally wrong. I guess time will tell. A crash like this is the last thing the area needs, the region has been through enough.

Cheer up. I have some contacts that I can trust what they tell me on both shores around the lake and the Salmon are being taken in other areas.

At this point I am confident they will show up this season unlike last year. Lets hope I'm right.

Now I'm going to bow out of this thread because I really don't want to get into a pissing contest.

You rec guys have my full admiration out working your asses off putting in your time trying to put fish in the boat when they are few and far between. You do it for the love of the sport and nothing else.

Edited by spoonfed-1