Well I brought the boat down to the oak for my vacation week.

We started on Thursday in close, but quickly realized there was nothing going on in there. So we trolled out, and we trolled out, and we trolled out.… We finally found bait, fish, and an armada of boats, in about 400 fow. We had pretty good action on a mixed bag of different year class kings and nice steelhead. Initially they wanted spoons up higher (45-60 down) but the bigger fish came later in the day on cutbait and flasher fly down deeper (90 rigger, 220 and 300 dipsey). One King was mid teens, the rest of the fish were all 6-10 lbs. we did bust off a huge King due to a reel issue (a first for me- the guide came off and the wire but through and got stuck).

Friday we ran right out to the 30 line, and got back to essentially he same program. We worked 12-14 west, but could only manage steelhead and one King. Good action, pretty fish, just no majors.

Saturday, I just couldn't get my act together. We did Essentially the same thing, but we couldn't seem to hone in on anything. The bites were rare and sporadic, with no pattern. We ended up voting two small kings and one small steelhead, that was it. Nothing special.

Love the marina at the county park. Very nice facilities. Back to Sodus next week!

post-143448-14711143913028_thumb.jpg

post-143448-14711144302969_thumb.jpg

post-143448-14711144823574_thumb.jpg

It was strange out there... Normally If you find bait and fish out there, you can circle it to death and keep catching fish in a specific spot... But they were so spread out and sporadic, I was doing like 1-2 mile east/west trolls

Heading up fri - sun.   not sure if we are going deep after steelies or try browns a bit yet.  Either way will give report good or bad

Was hoping lake would set up by then, but doesn't look that way by the reports.