Cayuga 8/13

Got a late start out of Deans Cove a little after 10. Setup on the east side with 2 deep on the riggers and stacker spoons at 50 and 60. Put out 8 color lead core and headed south. Started picking up dinks on the stackers and the lead core every 5 minutes or so. Between the sun and humidity it felt like we were going to melt. After an hour of putting back little rainbows and landlocks one of the stackers fired with a tail-dancer rainbow. He had all but swallowed the hole spoon and buried the entire treble in his throat. Now I know why I normally swap all my spoons to single hooks. By the time I got him unhooked he'd had it. Didn't have my scale on board but at 24 1/2" he was easily 5-6 lbs, so in the cooler for dinner.

Spent a couple more hours running from the t-storms up and down the lake and picking up small silvers - lost count after a dozen or more and called it quits when the radar showed a storm coming that had Seneca completely covered. Luckily we got back on the trailer just before the skies opened up. Quite an exciting day but grateful for a nice fish and the rain to cool things down a bit.

those tail dancing bows and silvers are  a blast . it is got to be the hottest , driest  summer ny has had in long time . sure is weird to hear new yorks get excited for rain. nice report , good luck next time out . 

Edited by fisherdude