coming to mexico bay 21st thrue 25th

First time back on the lake for several years. Heard the recent horror stories about days of fishing with little action. Was hoping for a starting point. Thanks for the help. Dry net

Hello Dry Net -  I only have a 16ft  Lund but I was out last week EARLY out of mexico and fished the scum line in about 45 ft of water lost one big fish  most likely a Brown, by 10am the sun came up and they were gone. So I guess it depends on how deep you want to fish. Salmon and Lakers are deep 160 Plus.

Tight Lines

Next week there is the Fairhaven Tournament. When that is over, you might find some more information

For now there is preciously little to share and way too many people reading these reports.

I will be heading up the 18th-21st fishing out of Sandy pond. From what I am hearing, it's going to be another tuff year. If I get anything figured out I will surely let you know. Let's hope this rain gets the rivers running a bit and these fish start coming home.

We fished last wed afternoon from Little Salmon to west side of plant, 140-250' with blank screens, good temp down 90', did get one mature on 300 copper out of temp. Thur fished from Little Salmon to big river but stayed under 150' again blank screens and good temp down 90. Took one small laker on dipsey and dropped two screamers on 400 copper FF. I won't be back for 2 weeks but for what it's worth I would start shallower than deeper, 120' maybe. Good luck

Well our trip is over and we ended up doing pretty well. The whole bay is completely loaded with fish, but they are in that lock jaw phase. We were able to do a few kings everyday but Saturday we ended up Boating 11. Biggest fish of the trip being 26lbs. Our best water was from 140-165. Water temp was Hot. 74 degrees down 110. By the end of Saturday though we started finding temps in the 50s down 110 over 165 and that's where we weant to work. MVP was the 500 copper with chrome killer spinny and uv pro am fly with the runner up surprisingly being the 400 copper with a silver bullet J plug. Some of the screens out there were just insane. Fish and bait in the entire water column. I haven't ever seen that many fish in one place ever. Though don't be afraid to fish the water without marks. We caught most our fish with blank screens. Good luck to you guys fishing this week. I hope the weather will be as nice as it was for us.

post-150885-0-01830900-1471798010_thumb.jpg

post-150885-0-65322800-1471798026_thumb.jpg

Just got home, couldn't fish the first two days of the trip because of the wind. The first day fishing we boated 2 mostly fishing by the plant but both fish came in 125 in front of the dunes. the next day we managed 4, all coming in front of the plant. great scenes until 9 ish. The last day we didn't have a rod move. We tried everything and everywhere that we could think of. One of those days for us. The lake is definitely a lot clearer than the last time I fished it. Gona take some more time for me to figure it out but that the fun in it. Thanks to all that replied and good luck.

Dry net