Otisco 11lb walleye

justtracytrolling

After a hairy ride in last night during the worst weather I've ever been in I was hoping for less excitement this morning....seeing this monster (by otisco standards) rise up behind my boat provided some excitement and then some! I don't think I took a breathe until I slipped the net under! Had a great group and they got an amazing otisco eye. Fish weighed 11 on my BOGO and measured just over 29 inches. The guys ended up with 13 eyes in 2 mornings with 4 fish 7lbs or better. They pretty much forgot getting skunked Friday night 😀

post-151276-14712079775375_thumb.jpg

Wow that's a hog by anyone's standards!! Congrats to you and your clients, way to kick as on the Otisco!! Justin. Just got back from Boston Mass, this is the best news on the board!! No WIFI for a week Yikes I need a new phone!! PAP

These guys were pretty much all business when working fish...the fun and laughs were out in full force but not with fish on...lose a fish with this bunch and you don't get to forget it! Slow to a rod you hear about it....fun hardcore men's fishing...today its young Maddux with his dad...you may remember his earlier trips. These eyes are tough for him with the inlines and weeds are tougher, but we have an 8-9 lb in the box but lost 2 just like it...can't be banner every day.

That's a solid 10 easy...great fish and nice to have it still swimming! SLR is an amazing fishery and especially shines when a when you work at it like you and prof t do!!!! It's no secret how to catch big walleye....fish hard and put your time in... there's no easy button unless you take charter. Even then there are always bad days no guarantees.

That's impressive... the last whole Otisco fish I weighed was back in May at 25" and it was 5.6 lbs.  So this is only four inches longer but twice as heavy!

I like Landshark's idea too

Edited by hermit

Thanks guys...the group I had that day were easy....kicker was 1 of them is a taxidermist and he is mounting it for me! I don't catch many myself and that was my first customer to break 10lbs so yeah I was thrilled to get a mount of her. Just finished up fishing 12 straight days...I'm ready for a drink and a nap!