Fish hawk x4 transducer location

boho607

I know it's not recommended in the directions to place your fish hawk transducer near your fish finder transducer. I dont want to drill more holes on he other side of my boat and have a kicker motor on the other side. Can I mount it on the same plastic board as my Lowrance hds 7 touch gen 2? Transducer? I may also be adding the lss2 structure scan transducer as well I just haven't decided if I want to keep it or sell it. Anyone have their fish hawk transducer mounted near their fish finder transducer?

post-154475-14712221949854_thumb.jpg

It should be mounted on the opposite side as your locator. What I did so I didn't have to drill in to my aluminum boat is purchase the stern saver it cost's 50.00 and it is glued on to the boat and let me tell you it is rock solid.  The company makes a great product and will last the life of my boat and very easy to mount. Check out there web site.  Bass pro sells them in white or black.    

I have an Lss2 , trans and hawk all on one side , I made a custom board about 2 feet long . Start with the Lss2 no closer then 7-8 " from the edge of the outboard then another 7-8 " to the trans and so on. Hawk can be up high on the trans as it is only used atlow speeds .

Sent from my SM-T110 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

I mounted mine opposite the fish finder transducer and on my kicker side and when I got some interference from the splash of my kicker I called Fishawk and he told me to just increase the gain from the factory setting and it worked fine.

Edited by sszoldra