Looking for a boat.

phil2

^^ Even if the Lund has a blown motor its worth 2500.00 all day long and that's the asking price. Tandem axle trailer has to be worth a grand. Motors are listed on Craigs all the time anywhere from 500-1500. Put 1500 into a motor and that rig would probably go for 6,000 plus , because its a Lund. If the floor or transom is rotted its a easy fix on a aluminum boat. If the motor is good as well as the deck and transom I think its a steal.

If it's only the motor that's a relatively cheap fix, I'd buy a boat with bad motor but I'll never make the mistake of buying another boat with a bad transom. Not only was it expensive but I probably had 40 man hours into the fix

5a70d7188992a9995bbd67727a7c20e5.jpg I don't know how much work you want put into your boat. This is my Islander. I bought it in the fall for $3500. After getting it home, I did a thorough examination. The floors at the back were soft and the lower edges of the transom were a little soft. I probably could have fished it for a year or two safely. We decided to put it in my dad's barn and replace the transom and floors. It took the better part of the winter to do. The forums at iboats are a treasure trove of information on repairing boats. The nice thing about a tin boat is that with simple hand tools you can fix altmost anything. My boat is a 89. At that age, it is common to need to replace the transom. After the winters work, we have had 2 years of great fishing and I expect many more. I put about $1000 into the boat to make it seaworthy. I would be more concerned about the motor than the transom. Lund makes a great boat.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by yabmob

^^ Even if the Lund has a blown motor its worth 2500.00 all day long and that's the asking price. Tandem axle trailer has to be worth a grand. Motors are listed on Craigs all the time anywhere from 500-1500. Put 1500 into a motor and that rig would probably go for 6,000 plus , because its a Lund. If the floor or transom is rotted its a easy fix on a aluminum boat. If the motor is good as well as the deck and transom I think its a steal.

I agree , it's a tin boat that looked like all the rivets and hull are in good shape . Super easy to fix any mechanical or cosmetic issues . Small block Chevys and outdrives are a dime a dozen .

Heck , I would give it a better look and shakedown myself if I didn't already own an islander and looking for a bigger boat .

I know the guy and he is not out there about working a price based on any issues involved .

It was just put out for sale this weekend and I doubt it will be there long .

I'm not trying to sell anyone anything and as said know nothing about the boat only that I could inquire more info if someone was interested .

Rich