WTB - Flasher Unit for Ice Fishing

If anyone is interested in selling their old or secondary Vexilar, Marcum, Hummingbird, etc., I am interested in purchasing it. Looking to upgrade to a flasher for ice fishing this season. Thanks in advance!! Anthony.

Edited by EsoxAC3

Anthony I don't think you will regret it....they are worth their weight in gold for ice fishing. Good luck! :) If you can try to get one with a zoom function regardless of make.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks! I bought the vexilar Tpod last year.... Its a sweet little unit that uses ur smart phone as a screen. Now Im hooked!! Need something with more than 4 hrs battery life. Total game changer. Cant wait to use a big boy flasher this season!!

Thanks! I bought the vexilar Tpod last year.... Its a sweet little unit that uses ur smart phone as a screen. Now Im hooked!! Need something with more than 4 hrs battery life. Total game changer. Cant wait to use a big boy flasher this season!!

I have a Marcum LX5 and for as little as I use it ......I still can't part with it.  Flashers are just so much fun!

The Marcum guys seem to love their units, and Humminbirds are popular as well. I've used Vexilars since the first model back in the 70's and love my FL20 so I guess as long as you get one of these brands you'll be a happy camper.

Edited by Sk8man

Yes, i know some are brand loyal, but for a first unit I figured they all really mark fish.......Hoping to just kinda figure out the whole flasher screen thing this year. Its still a bit of a mystery to me. I guess it will just take a bit of practice to get the hang of it.

Edited by EsoxAC3

Ain't no getting used to , either there is s fish there or not .... If he's there it will come up on the lure to investigate then boink , whack set the hook fight him in..... Picture below ....YOU DEFINITELY WANT ZOOM

Edited by PolarBear

I have an elite 5 chirp that has a flasher mode as well as gps. See the classifieds.never used the 5 for ice fishing but when my Marcum went down right before a big trip to the st. Lawrence I rigged up my Elite 4 chirp and used that for the weekend and loved it.it was pretty sweet having GPS.I believe they sell a special ice ducer/ case set up for it.even if mine doesn't interest you its some food for thought.

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys!! Always great to get insights on what is working well in different programs.

Yellowpike- The showdown is really nice... I have looked at them.... They use the showdown on most of the in fisherman shows about ice fishing. I like its size too.

if you're leaning towards the Showdown I can definitely recommend it.my brother has had his for two years with no problems and my friend has had his for 5 years and had the upgrade to the Dual beam done last year.very easy to use and they work well. the strength and size of the signal is a little hard to interpret sometimes compared to a true flasher but it is a nice compact capable unit. the only negative imo about it is, especially if you fish larger holes, it could quite easily fall down through your hole if anything happened so I would recommend keeping it a good distance away from the holes

Some things to think about with the flashers vs. phone apps etc. is battery life and durability. I have had my Vexilar FL20 for quite a few years without ANY problems whatsoever and it is still on the original battery and even after a whole day of use  in extreme cold I have never had a "Low Battery" signal. My son uses a Humminbird and I'm sure the Marcum is likewise durable and made for the cold conditions and to last over time. These units are MADE for the harsh conditions and if you do any real amount of ice fishing this is a big difference from most other electronics that are not made specifically for this environment. As with boats reliability is important out there.....just something to think about.....