TX 44 sliding

I just bought some bigger planer boards. They are sliding down the line. Have to play with the clip I suppose but I am wondering if it has anything to do with my new 'blood line'

Someone told me the bloodline won't do well with sliders so I am wondering if that's what's wrong.

And help appreciated.

I did just watch a video that says to keep my pole more parallel to the water to help it come in through the water easier.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lucky Linda

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ok I will try that. I was wondering...on the little screw in the clip...no nut on the back? Tough to get the screw tighter maybe I don't know what I am doing. New to me. Since it's too windy to fish today I may pop into a tackle store and look and see if I am missing something.

Thanks for your help!

Linda the underside has something that looks like a washer but the screw on top will snug down on it (see pics) Alex made good suggestions. I set the braid way back as far as it will go and I have CAREFULLY tightened the screw for the grip about as far as I can without compromising the plastic of the release so that the line doesn't slip out of it. Wrapping the braid a couple revolutions as mentioned should insure that there is no slippage which also may prolong the life of the jaws of the grip too because braid can see saw through it in time too. An additional suggestion especially if using braid is to replace the plastic pins at the back of the board with stainless steel ones so you don't have to worry about breakage and replacement. They can be ordered through Calumet Marine among other places (about $7. each? postage is about as much as the pins even here in US :lol: ).

post-145411-0-79976600-1471363431_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-52257000-1471363441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

upgrade the back plastic pin to the steel one. Then give the line a few twists before putting the loop you just created into/on the pin. like some folks do a rigger release. Then attach the front. It will not slide. Just like it will not from a rigger

Yes they do take a little getting used to and as mentioned if they start to go under on the way in point your rod downward as they are a real bear to get in when they go under if you don't :lol:

There! New clip! Funny how they sell this as an upgrade kit and seems the new board has this in it already. Would have been a good idea to just hand these out to customers that bought the old style as obviously there are problems with the old style that I just dumped $80 on.

Oh well. Seems the way it goes. Lol

I 've been using mine the way they are for several years without problems the way I have them rigged above so I have no intention of paying (again) for that stuff. Like everything else "whatever the market will bear"....all about the profit bottom line....not great.

Sk8man believe me, I hear ya. I agree. Just that I am trying so hard to get on that damn board at the Salmon Derby in Toronto. I am in deep now, only a few more days to fish. I am about to jump in the water with my net lol

I took a new guy out with me yesterday and he got a 28lb King! As the rod Rotation would have it I am still not in !

So I will try again tomorrow and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

Determined Linda [emoji2]

Linda - First of all I applaude your tenacity and it is great to see a woman competing like this and into fishing as well. I know there are probably a lot of guys out there that are thinking "I wish my wife(or girlfriend) was into it like that"....very refreshing to see and I wish you much luck! :yes:

Ahh thanks!!! Such a great thing to say! I am pretty sure most men pick fishing as a way of getting away from wives and girlfriends. We are high maintenance and ****y lol well at least sometimes.

It's a strange world that I have landed in...fishing lol

Somehow I am totally addicted and determined to figure it out.

Biggest accomplishment this year is launching and loading all by myself. I am not prepared to fish alone though. I am afraid of a fish coming in with a lamprey. I think I would throw the Rod in the water and drive away rather than try to deal with it.

Getting ready for the morning....back at it. Funny how catching a fish was important. Now all of a sudden my 24lb King just isn't enough. I want a bigger one.

Thanks again!

Lucky Linda

It would be great to have a high fishing maintenance wife or girlfriend  though :lol:  Most of us would probably be considered  high maintenance as far as the price of this stuff :)  Good luck tomorrow and take care. Les

Edited by Sk8man

I only bent the arm and added Blood Runs' stainless pin. See no reason to move weights yet. I also was able to make a set of pins for a friend's board out of 1/8 stainless welding rod. Bent in a vise and cut groove with hacksaw. I'm also going to go back to the original clips that came with the boards. No need to mess with the yellow one when doing the twists on the back pin.

Don't be afraid to bend the arm. Looks goofy, but works great. Completely takes away the flip and dive tendency of these boards. Keeping the rod low will seem strange too and also works well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Edited by tomb1