Lowrance customer service.

I have been dealing with lowrance customer service for the last 10 days. I have to say they are absolutely terrible. Long story short they charged my account double for an advanced replacement without my authorization of a total of 900$. Later that week I was charged an additional 884$. After calling every day for almost two weeks I finally have my money back. To make things right management wanted to offer me an insight map chip for east coast fishing they send me the west coast one! I have to say be careful with these people I am really thinking about never buying another navico or lowrance product again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have been dealing with lowrance customer service for the last 10 days. I have to say they are absolutely terrible. Long story short they charged my account double for an advanced replacement without my authorization of a total of 900$. Later that week I was charged an additional 884$. After calling every day for almost two weeks I finally have my money back. To make things right management wanted to offer me an insight map chip for east coast fishing they send me the west coast one! I have to say be careful with these people I am really thinking about never buying another navico or lowrance product again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

see my earlier post about Lowrance/Navico re: my hook 7x. Would not give them hundreds to replace my warranty unit. The unit will not power off and drains the battery when not in use. I have a prepaid return label but have decided to just unplug the power cable and call it good till I can replace it with another brand next year. Never again a Lowrance. Ever.

I've been a Lowrance user for over 30 years and this is my last one mainly because of the customer servicing. We shouldn't continue to support companies that don't truly support their customers. :envy:

I purchased a lowrance elite 7hdi, always had lowrance, mine would freeze and the only way to resolve this issue was to unplug the power supply. I called lowrance 2 days later I finally got a hold of a woman that got up on the wrong side of the bed, I got her name and Ext# and hung up!! I don't need her Shyt on top of being mad myself and out of $700.00. The next day I got another woman and she said I needed to do a download and that cured that ordeal. Next unit will be a Garmin or anything than a pain in the ass lowrance. Let's start by opening the box, the instructions book is a joke, oh ya the cd. who carries a lap top to go fishing, to difficult to navigate through!! I will have a Garmin or furuno, or raymarine with out a doubt!! I had a dragon fly in my hands and went with my gut feelings. Now I'm stuck with the damn thing!! I keep telling myself it's going to get better?? LOL

My cellar has a pile of Lowrance machines. Why I keep buying them shows I must be stupid but they have worked for me. My next machine will probably be a Garmin. When they went into production Garmin hired Lowrance and Humminbird engineers to design better machines and I have seen them pick up fish at 20 mph.

we stopped selling Lowrance right after Simrad bought them. Ever since then they went from the best customer service to the worst. One of thier 30 year veterans went to Garmin, thats why they have come alive with product lately..

Seager Marine Only sells Humminbird and Garmin FYI...

we've been doin this for 49.6 years now !

We only sell manufacturers that support their products with the highest standards.

I'll add my two cents. After putting a new transducer on the boat this year, our old Lowrance marked better than ever, but I got a smoking deal on a new Gen 2 Touch. Nice unit, but I couldn't get it to mark the bottom well while running and it seemed inferior to the old 15 year old unit, which of course bothered me. I went through the adjustments and options, and finally ended up e-mailing Lowrance. After a detailed explanation of the situation, their answer was, "It should work as well or better than the old unit".

I pressed them for potential solutions/options, but they didn't have anything else for me. Well, duh! Everything's compatible and we're comparing apples and apples, empirical results show that it doesn't perform better. Ergo, there's an issue. They are a bunch of chumps.

I'll add my two cents. After putting a new transducer on the boat this year, our old Lowrance marked better than ever, but I got a smoking deal on a new Gen 2 Touch. Nice unit, but I couldn't get it to mark the bottom well while running and it seemed inferior to the old 15 year old unit, which of course bothered me. I went through the adjustments and options, and finally ended up e-mailing Lowrance. After a detailed explanation of the situation, their answer was, "It should work as well or better than the old unit".

I pressed them for potential solutions/options, but they didn't have anything else for me. Well, duh! Everything's compatible and we're comparing apples and apples, empirical results show that it doesn't perform better. Ergo, there's an issue. They are a bunch of chumps.

Did you "install" the right transducer? You have to tell the unit which one you are running. I just picked up a gen 2 touch 9 inch and have it networked with my 8 inch gen 1, defintely required some setup. Let me know what you have I might be able to help. 

I work in customer service (not for Lowrance) and thought they were adequate...  My G2 HDS wouldn't power off so they sent me a new HDS 7 G2 Touch.  I was supposed to get billed for it, but never did?  That said, the reps I spoke to seemed rather confused and unsure of what they're talking about.  

Did you "install" the right transducer? You have to tell the unit which one you are running. I just picked up a gen 2 touch 9 inch and have it networked with my 8 inch gen 1, defintely required some setup. Let me know what you have I might be able to help. 

Yep, sure did. Played with all of the configurations. it still doesn't mark as well as the old lcx-20c. That having been said, I never turn down help. I'll pm you when it's less crazy later this weekend. Thx

Yep, sure did. Played with all of the configurations. it still doesn't mark as well as the old lcx-20c. That having been said, I never turn down help. I'll pm you when it's less crazy later this weekend. Thx

Sure, Let me know. I have owned alot of lowrances I have 5 right now, 3 on my boat, one for ice fishing one for sled and have gotten rid of a few. Couple of my friends are on the Lowrance pro staff, over the years we have figured out alot of stuff on them, I will say the new ones have gotten easier but yet more complicated. I have only had my new touch 9 on the water a few days so I'm still playing with some stuff as well. Shoot me a PM whenever 

I have owned Lowrance since the X15 paper units and I had 2 of mine go bad this spring, After dealing with customer service and getting no help except an offer to buy a unit at a discounted price to only find out it did not come with a traducer and by the time you added the traducer it was only $10 off retail. Now i will never put another piece of there electronics on any of my boats. Plus I have found most other brands are way more user friendly. If you want a lower end high feature units look at the Garmin units, and i had one dealing with customer service and they were glad to help me. And there unit is way easier to use.   

I work in customer service (not for Lowrance) and thought they were adequate... My G2 HDS wouldn't power off so they sent me a new HDS 7 G2 Touch. I was supposed to get billed for it, but never did? That said, the reps I spoke to seemed rather confused and unsure of what they're talking about.

mikebarb86 probably got billed for it. Lol. That company is really fubar

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United