Coyotes and Fox 2016/2017

whaler1

Get up to take a leak, shine the light and take a look. Even without the motion detector we should have it covered between me and my boys.

Good chance that deer may get dragged away, it's not very big.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by whaler1

Get up to take a leak, shine the light and take a look. Even without the motion detector we should have it covered between me and my boys.

Good chance that deer may get dragged away, it's not very big.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Damn those critters are relentless!! Do you know anyone that has the newer 17 Mag, the one that's still a rim fire, I saw the shells it looks like a 22 mag necked to .17 cal? Haven't heard much talk like the hmr when it came out? I did see the original 17 center fire, my buddy Butch, a Vietnam War Vet, he messes around with all these odd ball calibers I recall, a fireball and a super B as all these little shells he loads for friends and other with these small Wild Cat cartridges it really cool to see these little but lethal pills, I was rather surprised how much interest he took towards the 17 until I knew he had the original 17 cal center fire!! And bullets were again made more easily available. Pap.

4 sets tonight with action on the 1st, 2nd and last set. 3 fox came in and 2 went down. 1st 1 of the night got a pass as I hesitated on the trigger long enough to let him find something he didn't like. All 3 came in about the 10 min mark to nutty nut hatch on the fox pro fusion.

post-145970-0-10544300-1482385188_thumb.jpg

Edited by iiwhistlerii

4 sets tonight with action on the 1st, 2nd and last set. 3 fox came in and 2 went down. 1st 1 of the night got a pass as I hesitated on the trigger long enough to let him find something he didn't like. All 3 came in about the 10 min mark to nutty nut hatch on the fox pro fusion.

Great job!!!   im hoping to make it out friday night for a couple hours.  Lots of fox and yote tracks all deer season so im really looking forward to getting after them

This guy came to the pile at about 11:30 last night. Switched to the red led for the light. I know a couple people criticized the cyclops but this light shoots a better beam than my million candle power hand held. This is my first with .17 WSM. Pretty good knock down power and didn't even wake my daughter!

post-145978-0-92634900-1482765187_thumb.jpg

Question!?  for the guys that hunt the yotes  with dogs.  What weapon are you using when the yotes are being chased by the dogs & are flying by at full speed?  I have been using a12 ga., full choke/turkey choke with buck shoot (00) & I figure its only good out to about 50 yds. at best.  any other ideas or suggestions?  Thanks.

Question!?  for the guys that hunt the yotes  with dogs.  What weapon are you using when the yotes are being chased by the dogs & are flying by at full speed?  I have been using a12 ga., full choke/turkey choke with buck shoot (00) & I figure its only good out to about 50 yds. at best.  any other ideas or suggestions?  Thanks.

#4 buck, not 00

Number 4 buck or dead coyote...But I've shot more with a rifle.

Justin Okrepki

NYSDEC licensed guide #7324

http://www.otiscolakeguideservice.com/

(607)-349-1750

I figured why waist time on another post when this is exactly the same type of execution I used when I could get around better!!  At the time the Dead Coyote was Lightning expensive and may still be. To pattern a shotgun was painful!! I found that my Mossberg 835 Paired with the Dead Coyote choke tube has proven itself out to 75 yards. I used to load 1 #4 Buck then a dead coyote, then a #4 and so on, depending on how thick the woods was. I have used the less expensive Remington #4's just to clear a path for the dead coyote to do its job!!!   Excellent choice Justin!!!  :yes:  :yes:   Hope Santa was good to you guy-gals as he was to me.

Edited by pap

Santa gave me an ultimate tool and it can be used for all my favorite sports....wireless weather station :)

Congrats on the yotes :yes:

post-145411-0-42150500-1482779347_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

To the fella using the calf for bait, let us know how it works out for you.  Ten years ago we had a still born and that did not draw them in, we put road kills next to it and they ate that but not the calf???  Smell of the meds the calf had?  they don't like Beef?  I don;t know.....jk