Coyotes and Fox 2016/2017

whaler1

BIG STORY on NBC10....Greece residents see.............Coyotes....how this is a story I have no idea seeing that coyotes have been a part of Greece before the town formed lol. The real story should be people who never leave the subdivision see common animals in the "wild".

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Not to sound stupid, that is a yote? It's legs and paws kind of resemble a red but it's tail looks to be a yote tail, if I were behind the trigger it would be in the same spot it lays, but it could easily be mistaken for a big red?

13 hours ago, machzrcr said:

1484793539583.thumb.jpg.5a11844fe79c8cdb
Finally got a little action!!
Got nervous walked out there and shined the light and saw 8 sets of eyes looking back. Pulled up the gun and they were all deer! Lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What type of rifle are you using? It's very interesting looking, is the but end a sort of swing down kick stand? Awesome looking weapon!! PAP?

Yes it is a red fox! Really dark legs! And gun is a custom built a/r 15 5.56 ( I am shooting .223 thou) I have the NY compliant stock on it. And I put a 24 inch bull barrel and a 14 Inch handguard! With a Nikon monarch 4-16 scope this year after not seeing good in dark last year I upgraded the scope and I was able to find my bait pile in the dark last night at 200yds. Still hit with light before shooting for confirmation of animal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, iceman05 said:

BIG STORY on NBC10....Greece residents see.............Coyotes....how this is a story I have no idea seeing that coyotes have been a part of Greece before the town formed lol. The real story should be people who never leave the subdivision see common animals in the "wild".

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

A yote was just seen in the Lancaster village last week & all the "village & subdivision people"  think its cute, should be left alone, would like to see it in their yard, it won't hurt anyone or thing & of course the hunters that replied with warnings are rotten people that just want to kill everything!  Stupid is as stupid does!

Wow that is a red!! Holy shyt that's a tank, the tail is what threw me for a loop. That is one impressive piece of artillery you own!! Lots and lots of furs to pay for that bad ass piece!!  Very Nice!!!

6 hours ago, lineman49 said:

A yote was just seen in the Lancaster village last week & all the "village & subdivision people"  think its cute, should be left alone, would like to see it in their yard, it won't hurt anyone or thing & of course the hunters that replied with warnings are rotten people that just want to kill everything!  Stupid is as stupid does!

That yote was 3 doors away from my house. My daughter has 2 little ****zus. All I'll say is, that yote is lucky I didn't see it in my back yard..... or PHFFFFT.

I use a decoy, Cabela's carries a yote decoy. I use on when I have someone going along otherwise it's just to much, I only use it when there's good light at night, the yotes do let there guard down a little. They keep an eye on the decoy which allows you to move your gear if need be for the shot. If like now I use a cotton ball with a close pin or a big staple like what's used for house wiring with female in heat scents or when just calling latter in the year I'll use a rabbits scent. And I alway use a pure skunks scents for a cover scent that I use a clothespin to attach to a branch of a bush or tree, kind of hide it above eye heights.