Coyotes and Fox 2016/2017

whaler1

Awesome pic, that's a calendar photo, but I agree there should be red on the snow. Your only one person, :bandit:knowing you that yote is living on borrowed time  :lol:

Edited by pap

Ha ha here's the story. Saw him half a dozen times last night. Every time we hit the light he screwed. Was always right at the edge of the brush or behind the pond with no shot.
At 445 the alarm goes off and I lower the window.... he's very skittish and is walking quickly back and forth around the deer. I decide to forgo the light and struggle to find him in the scope. I can see him in the scope but not very well. I wait for a decent shot and BOOM!!!! Smoke fills the night sky.
I go in my room to get dressed. My wife is thoroughly pissed that I have now woken her up at least a half dozen times but who cares I'm going out to claim my prize and post my trophy pic.
No blood and no coyote. No huge surprise, I've missed my share over the years.
I go back up to my room and the wife is very unimpressed. "Your turning off the alarm now right?"
Hell no, I'm not turning off the alarm.
My guess is in the next hour or so I will get a text from home, or better yet another pic telling me that there's a coyote on the deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

A buddy of mine shoots them off a pile like you do.  He is a bit more organized as there is now window to open, he has a holes in the wall with a big rags stuffed into it.  This is right over his freezer with bags all set and the rifle laying on it, a perfect rest.  Moon lite with snow is magic to him and in the morning right now that is what we have if there is no clouds.  But the moon will only last another week at the most in the morning, there is no evening moon now......jk