Coyotes and Fox 2016/2017

whaler1

16 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

I just like shooting them

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

WOW that blows you guys can't hunt them 24-7//365 like Pa. What the hell is NY Game Comm. thinking. Me I'd kill them season or not. Outta sight outta mind, Kernal Klink would of said "I seeee notzing"

Ty.  I'm looking foward to going all thermal this year.  Although I did put a small dent in the population last season with lights, the few times I was able to use a buddies thermal gear in some of my spots the hunts went perfect and I was sold.  It's a beautiful thing when they have no clue what's coming.  Both my monocular and scope have built in dvrs so hopefully we can look foward to some sweet vids.   Oh and I just saw another yote across the street from the house tonight.  My neighbor called me up to see if I would shoot it.  Lol.  Looked like he was carrying part of an old deer leg or something across the field.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes in shotgun only zones in nys no rifles over .22 cal. During deer season    .204 is a loophole centerfire round

May be a loop hole but in my opinion there is no better caliber for yotes. 4000+ feet per second, flat to 200 yards and very measurable drop past that. With the right ammo very little pelt damage and it crushes them if hit right.
Have had many where only the guy I give them to can tell you where they were hit.
Sweet gun for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On Sunday, June 04, 2017 at 6:30 PM, whaler1 said:

May be a loop hole but in my opinion there is no better caliber for yotes. 4000+ feet per second, flat to 200 yards and very measurable drop past that. With the right ammo very little pelt damage and it crushes them if hit right.
Have had many where only the guy I give them to can tell you where they were hit.
Sweet gun for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I can't disagree.  I've done very well with my savage model 25 lightweight .204 the last 2 seasons, but honestly I would have been happy building a lightweight .223 ar15 for my thermal setup.  At 4000 fps nobody builds a lightweight 204 barrell because its such a hot round and this thing is a tank with the 20" bull barrell.  Won't be an issue with the tripod but it's a few more pounds to lug around each set.  Heres a couple pics of my .204 with wicked light setup and some pelt friendly 204 kills from last season.

Screenshot_2017-06-05-20-19-16-1.png

20170129_111908.jpg

Screenshot_2017-06-05-20-19-26-1.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guess we need to start a 2017-2018 thread. First legit set of this season was the most exciting I've ever had. What started as a double with my hand calls turned into a quad once I hit the pup distress on the fox pro. Thermal is a game changer. I stopped recording after the initial double and the rest happened to fast to remember to hit record again, but check out the double vid.

20171017_090706-01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Guess we need to start a 2017-2018 thread. First legit set of this season was the most exciting I've ever had. What started as a double with my hand calls turned into a quad once I hit the pup distress on the fox pro. Thermal is a game changer. I stopped recording after the initial double and the rest happened to fast to remember to hit record again, but check out the double vid.

[/url]

20171017_090706-01.thumb.jpeg.055675221a5487c7b4b798c260894b89.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's frickin awesome

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk