Fished all day today from 100-210 started next the plant ended at Alcan. The morning shift was slow and painful "No Hits and Fish" decided to head in for lunch. Came back out at 4;30 in 120'-140' east of the plant.

Ended up going 3-5 with our first double of the year....Better late than never I guess

Gear lost today...ouch

3 Atomik Pro Am Flies

2 Pig Pen pro troll 8"

1 chrome walker dipsy ( steel broke at the knot with a monster fish on.)

My son was the unlucky fisher boy when that happend.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Was the gray/white sylvan offshore with white bimini passed you in little salmon on my way in. I went 1/3 all day similar area. 8lb coho landed. 30 mins before pickup decided to change probe rigger out and when ball and probe got to top of water the wire snapped above the probe and she rests at 99ft in front of nuke plant. Lost this week a mtn dew Spinnie, UV 190 x3, pig pen on chrome Michigan stinger, hammertime Spinnie, probe and ball. Lost 15 fish three trips. Pukeee.

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was the gray/white sylvan offshore with white bimini passed you in little salmon on my way in. I went 1/3 all day similar area. 8lb coho landed. 30 mins before pickup decided to change probe rigger out and when ball and probe got to top of water the wire snapped above the probe and she rests at 99ft in front of nuke plant. Lost this week a mtn dew Spinnie, UV 190 x3, pig pen on chrome Michigan stinger, hammertime Spinnie, probe and ball. Lost 15 fish three trips. Pukeee.

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Puke is right!! We're on channel 72 if u want to chat

Steve

Did a short trip right before dark 5-8pm.  had a double on in front of the plant.  dipsy out 315 and a rigger down 124.  both green dot flashers.  dropped the dipsy fish halfway in, got the rigger fish just under 20lb... keep hearing about the big ones being caught but they aren't biting for us.  both hookups came in temp.  tried on the inside of the pack for a while but the water was too warm top to bottom couldnt get below 64.

Edited by BrokeOff

Rich if you see tons of boats inside stay on the outside of them. The fish will feel the pressure and move out. Keep the greens in the water. West troll 2.3 mph on gps works best. East troll I found 2.5 works good. Find low water temps 46-50

Yea Steve , we just couldn't take the mess. Tried from SR to past sandy yesterday to bottom hugging mud sharks and over by the ZOO near the plant today . While in the combat zone we seen fish on but we couldn't take the clueless pilots that will run straight towards and over our gear whether we went inside or outside of the combat zone . Even seen a kayak out there and gosh knows how he survived .

We pulled rods last evening and went to dead water for some swimming and jigging for lakers .

Still after all summer have yet to catch a mature salmon .

Ah well , I will sit next weekend out as I assume it will be 10 X worse and give it one last go from sept 10-16 then pack it in for tenderloins until the hardwater sets up .

Rich

Steve,

Good to meet you and your Dad at the campground....thanks for the info during the week. We fished through August 30 and managed to keep the skunk off the boat except for the last morning, we caught 2-3 fish per day, our largest was 26 lbs. We caught most of the fish on FF combo, but a few on meat and spoons. Fished out in front of south dunes, north dunes and the plant, did best at 120 ft down 110 on the riggers and 300 ft out on dipsey. Green mountain dew and chrome Flasher with green fly seemed to produce best for me!

Dave

Fished Mexico , Monday afternoon by plant . 110-170 fow never moved a rod . Tuesday morning fished by dunes in 130 fow , riggers 105 down . FF . 4-6 . Wednesday morning late start after thunder storms . First hour 2 quick kings in front of dunes . Then lock jaw . Thursday morning headed north to dunes , never moved a rod . But fish finder loaded . post-146670-14728444422056_thumb.jpgpost-146670-14728444523064_thumb.jpgpost-146670-14728444641781_thumb.jpgpost-146670-1472844479127_thumb.jpgpost-146670-14728444874656_thumb.jpgpost-146670-14728444949909_thumb.jpgpost-146670-14728445043286_thumb.jpgpost-146670-14728445190085_thumb.jpgpost-146670-14728445276449_thumb.jpg

Me and my sister did 4 for 8 inside of 90ft in Mexico to the plant sat and Sunday. Sat am in the dark went to the dunes started in 70 ft lost one dipsy wrapped both rods up and was gone had another straighten a hook on a pro fly. Nothing else until 10 then trolled across to Mexico. Did same Sunday no bites picked up and went to Mexico lost one within first 5 minutes.

post-159402-0-79272800-1473175706_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil2