The Salmon Fishing Stinks

Landshark

That is bad news for walleye  :rofl:   Normally by late august to early september i try my best to get on  Lady O to chase salmon.  Reports are miserable for the most part.  We had  another successful outing on Otisco.  After trolling for 2.5 hours  without moving a rod, I had to make a few adjustments and fish started coming boatside shortly after that.  Weeds were an issue. I had a buddy out who has never done any walleye trolling but he left with quite a smile after we got them dialed in.   I sent him home with few.  

IMG_20160820_153442_zpsbaepsllc.jpg

I made that mistake today. Spent 6 hours this morning in front of Oswego chasing kings. Had one shaker on a dipsy for all of 10 seconds👎👎 I had otisco on my mind but the weather looked to good to pass up taking a shot up on the big lake. Oh well, I got some lures nice and clean today😄

I should have stuck to my backup plan. Next time. Nicely done land shark.

With twenty kings on the board, one over 33, 10 over 30 and 10 Browns including a 15, the fishing isn't that bad.

History doesn't lie. Most good kings come in less than 200 feet of water in the fall LOC. Most are caught on spinny/dodger fly/cut bait. Temp and bait become less important. Given the chance pound it out inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Today was the first time we have been on the lake in about a month. We were on the water at day break casting for bass and tigers. Fishing was very slow for us. Only a few bass and no tigers. The lake seems to be very low. We had a little bit of trouble launching at the marina. Nice tiger Justin !!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive noticed over the years salmon move around alot and its very common to find them gone overnight.yesterday our area was loaded with fish today very few probabaly due to temperature flucuations.So few are fishing now so its takes alot of time to find them.The lake is stil far better than most other big ponds.lol