Wow what a hot one! Out one a father and son trip. My dad built a mast, side planers and two pole holder trees so it was kinda a gear testing day. Started out at 6am screen was lit up at 100fow thought my graph was broken but I think the salmon were feeding during the night into the morning so we dropped lines in at 100. Side planers worked well took some time to get use to sending out the lead core and copper but I got the hang of it now. Worked 2 ten colors on the out side with one ff and other with just a spoon also two riggers with spoons and a 400 copper with a spoon later the rigger had a spin doc. All fish today caught on the copper on carbon 14, 2 lakers a brown and a salmon that I lost :(. I hope I was using the ten color right not one hit on them and the riggers never fired. 25 boats scattered all over between the genny and I bay worked 100 to 200 fow. All in all a great day! (Besides getting stung by a bee 3x out on the lake so weird). Everything worked right my dad is a genius when it comes to building stuff! I will post pics of our set up soon. I really hope I am running things right not sure if people run ff on core or copper so didn't know what to use so I mixed it up. I think I lost the salmon because we couldn't slow down past 2.5gps speed need to adjust throttle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That 10 color with a FF at 2.5 would only be running down 30-40 ft. The reason all your fish came on the 400ft copper is there was a slight temp break down around 100ft and the fish were feeding above that where your copper was. We landed 6 browns on the riggers all between 90 & 100 ft of cable out.

Nice work on the mast and boards

Edited by UNREEL

I don't think a 10 color really gets down as deep as they claim maybe 40ft would be my guess ? And I use ff off lead core all the time in the spring or for staging kings ...I also like a 50ft leader on my lead cores in the spring and by time I use them for pier head fishing I cut them back to 20 ft or so

And when we can't get boat to slow down while fighting a fish try circling it if you can depending on traffic ....

And it was slow for a lot of people yesterday so 3 for 4 is not too bad

We were just east of the pack out of ibay and only 1 for 2 on kings but the one we got made it on the loc board at 31.08lbs

minion trolling flies

I don't think a 10 color really gets down as deep as they claim maybe 40ft would be my guess ? And I use ff off lead core all the time in the spring or for staging kings ...I also like a 50ft leader on my lead cores in the spring and by time I use them for pier head fishing I cut them back to 20 ft or so

And when we can't get boat to slow down while fighting a fish try circling it if you can depending on traffic ....

And it was slow for a lot of people yesterday so 3 for 4 is not too bad

We were just east of the pack out of ibay and only 1 for 2 on kings but the one we got made it on the loc board at 31.08lbs

minion trolling flies

That's a good idea to circle need to try that. Just trying to learn this lead core I don't want to get discouraged when it's not producing so the more insight from people the better. Thanks for the info and maybe I will see ya out there soon!

That 10 color with a FF at 2.5 would only be running down 30-40 ft. The reason all your fish came on the 400ft copper is there was a slight temp break down around 100ft and the fish were feeding above that where your copper was. We landed 6 browns on the riggers all between 90 & 100 ft of cable out.

Nice work on the mast and boards

Sounds like in need another copper rig. Thanks for the info.

Too slow down for fighting, you can also have a bucket with a few 1" holes  on 4-5 feet of rope and toss out on a center cleat too slow down by~1mph. if there is not a center rigger.

Edited by Steve.e