Missing person

Just saw on the news a man is missing on cayuga lake. Been searching for him since yesterday

Crews are assembling out of Myers park and they have divers in the water. Unsure where they are searching for the person. The news was pretty vague as to what happened. Be safe out there today. Big weather coming today also Wich will impede the search efforts.

WSYR News reported that a woman was struggling with current near a boat Stated that the man jumped in to assist the woman and got her to the boat but was unable to get back to or into the boat himself and she lost sight of him. I don't know anything other than that. WSYR is the only news that is giving any more info than a man went missing.

My heart goes out to the family. From what I understand the winds picked up as a group was pleasure swimming. The man had a life jacket on and swam to assist a woman drifting away in a raft or tube. He gave his life jacket to her but then he struggled and apparently she was trying to hold him up as he went down for either a medical reason or from drowning. Sad