Was wondering if that deep bite is good was out of Fairhaven Saturday calmed down around noon and sun was out bright went out to deep water was in 340 fow and put a blue flasher and meat rig out down 290 just to see have heard about the deep bite they say use blue because that color is seen good down there well about 20 mins later the rod goes and got a 21 LB king was wondering if any of use go out and try for the deep bite don't know what the temp was down there my fish hawk probe is on the other DR

My hunch is that when salmon are that deep they are basically resting and inactive not necessarily looking for food. They are mainly suspended feeders not bottom feeders either which makes sense in their native ocean environment. If they are caught deep like that it may reflect their "opportunistic" nature or even aggressiveness more than anything else so color etc. may be "irrelevant".

290' out on a standard dipsy you are about 75' down. Mag dipsy will put you to almost 100'. I would say that does not qualify as super deep in the world of salmon

There is so much more to it than diver size. It also comes down to brand of wire, brand of diver, currents, and thermoclines. A standard LJ diver "typically" will go deeper than what you posted at that distance, but I haven't had a standard LJ diver hit 100' yet on a 2 setting. Love my Smart Troll!

you know it is funny.  When I first started fishing the lake off of a buddies boat, I remember him saying that  90 'deeper was dead water and only lakers will be there.  When I got my own rig and joined this site, I started fishing temp and that took me much deeper.  Now most of my larger fish come between 100 and 130.   Amazing how great this site is