Lost my best friend

Well, I haven't been on site for awhile.  The reason being I have been giving 24/7 care to my wife & best friend of 46 years.  As of Tuesday 8/16/16 she lost her 5 year battle to cancer & was laid to rest on Friday 8/19/16. I pray that her pain & suffering is over & that she is now resting in peace.        Cancer Sucks!

OMG!!! So sorry to hear this, our family prays go out to you and your family. It's a tuff one to swallow, if ever need to talk to someone I'm always a phone call away. Having lost dad, mom, brother, all to cancer I might be able to help out on the mental end of it!!

IN my professional life I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Pa. I work closely with clients who have suffered loss such as yours. One of my favorite quotes is from Elizabeth Kubler Ross who was a pioneer in the treatment of death and dying patients as well as those who have suffered close personal loss. I hope this helps to put your loss into perspective.

"The reality is you will grieve for ever. You will not "get over" the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same again. Nor should you be the same, nor should you want to be"

Be strong.. You are in my thoughts----

Sorry for your loss as I know your pain. My mother is fighting lung cancer and it's a tough pill to swallow. She is in a better place with no suffering anymore and may she watch over you and your family for the rest of there days.

Well, I haven't been on site for awhile. The reason being I have been giving 24/7 care to my wife & best friend of 46 years. As of Tuesday 8/16/16 she lost her 5 year battle to cancer & was laid to rest on Friday 8/19/16. I pray that her pain & suffering is over & that she is now resting in peace. Cancer Sucks!

Sorry for your loss cancer does suck its never easy going thru it God bless

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

IN my professional life I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Pa. I work closely with clients who have suffered loss such as yours. One of my favorite quotes is from Elizabeth Kubler Ross who was a pioneer in the treatment of death and dying patients as well as those who have suffered close personal loss. I hope this helps to put your loss into perspective.

"The reality is you will grieve for ever. You will not "get over" the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same again. Nor should you be the same, nor should you want to be"

Be strong.. You are in my thoughts----

very very good stuff

Sorry for your loss sir .i am currently helping my brother fight pancreatic cancer.it is a terrible disease. he is 50 and i am 45 it is hard to handle sometimes . 

but that is why we have a memory. too look back and say at least we had the time with them. to make memories you will never forget good luck on all future adventures 

Floyd there aren't any adequate words when it comes to situations such as this but you  and your family have our deepest sympathy. Cancer is a devastating illness for both the person directly affected and also those to around them. Like many people I've lost a number of family members, father and friends to it over the years and a first cousin just last week and it never becomes any easier and especially so when a spouse or child. Our hearts go out to you and we sincerely hope that you find peace in your own way. Les

Edited by Sk8man

Sorry for your loss. I know what your going through as I lost my wife to colon cancer 12 years ago at age 50. I had a 12 year old daughter at the time, and caring for her is what kept me going. while this is something you never get over, time, family, and friends do help you deal with it. wish you all the best.