Owasco 8/20

Was able to get my 3 uncles on the boat with my dad and I this past Saturday. The fish did not disappoint and we had a banner day.

AM: Started setting up around 6 on a north troll. Weeds were minimal and lakers were active early. Once the sun came up, the bows came out to play. Ended 10-12 with mostly rainbows. Released all but a few. Biggest bow was 7lbs.

post-149977-14718261284113_thumb.jpg

PM: Started fishing at 5PM in the same water as before. As soon as the 6th rod was set, we hooked up with a quad and landed all 4. Finished 12-15 with 10 of those being rainbows. We had 2 separate occasions were the main spoon and cheater had a rainbow! Each time we landed both fish and it's very exciting watching 2 fish jumping on the same rod.

post-149977-14718266269442_thumb.jpg

It's worth noting I'm off work all week. If anyone is fishing buddy, I'm needing someone to fish with.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Was able to get my 3 uncles on the boat with my dad and I this past Saturday. The fish did not disappoint and we had a banner day.

AM: Started setting up around 6 on a north troll. Weeds were minimal and lakers were active early. Once the sun came up, the bows came out to play. Ended 10-12 with mostly rainbows. Released all but a few. Biggest bow was 7lbs.

attachicon.gifIMG_1471826125.191216.jpg

PM: Started fishing at 5PM in the same water as before. As soon as the 6th rod was set, we hooked up with a quad and landed all 4. Finished 12-15 with 10 of those being rainbows. We had 2 separate occasions were the main spoon and cheater had a rainbow! Each time we landed both fish and it's very exciting watching 2 fish jumping on the same rod.

attachicon.gifIMG_1471826618.874557.jpg

It's worth noting I'm off work all week. If anyone is fishing buddy, I'm needing someone to fish with.

That's awesome Alex, I still have my 2 uncles to fish with yet and have a blast with, my dad passed away from cancer. it's to bad we don't do it more often, but your day was just a plain kick ass day!! Well done.

nice outing Alex, Came up your way after my inspection, by then the south wind brought the weeds, I managed another smaller bow and a couple lakers.....and a whole lot of salad.......knew i was in them small bows....had three hard releases on the high rods with nobody home......swatting and missing the stackers. went back south to find even more weeds.....gave up...only lakers in the box with that one nice one.

Great fish! It's great to see a nice healthy rainbow population in owasco!

Seems like all of the fingers have a pretty healthy rainbow population. The DEC efforts to improve rainbow fishing has really started to show the last 2 seasons. That said, I can't catch a brown to save my life. I don't fish in shallow very much but I think this weekend I'll make an effort to find some.