Cayuga 8/19- North of Myers

Friday morning troll out of Myers 90 to 110 ft of water,  Nice bait hanging on the drops, ran long honeybees and medium Michigan stingers, riggers set from 55 to 70 with sliders. best speed 2.4-2.6 on the probe.

Ended up 20 for 22 mixed bag 10 landlocked of which 3 were in 22 to 25 inch range, 3 nice rainbows largest 6 lbs, and 7 lake trout with some real nice healthy fish largest 8lbs. Kept 2 lakers and one bow we couldn't revive.   Fish were most active between 830 and 11:00am after a slow early start.   Not one fish with lampreys, which was really nice to see for a change.   

I was using 30 lb main line with 8 lb leaders, so I did not experience any difficulty with them.  Did not run any light lines or wires so I couldn't give you a read on if they heavy or not.

Congrats Trorun!! I'll take that kind of a day any day!! I just love to see those landlocks out off all the trout those big brownies and LL are awesome!!

Trorun,

Nice to see you got the rig out.  Sounds like you hammered em.  Did you have my fishing consultant (Craig) with you?  Lakers have really turned on up at Sheldrake for jigging.  Best time is early.  Last time out caught 3,two of which were wild.  The fight with the wild ones is probably 3X better compared to the stocked one.  It's unbelievable.  

Mike