Big Gull Lake

I am going up to big Gull Lake this weekend and my son has never caught a walleye. Any suggestions on how or where? We are staying at Camp's Bay. Any suggestions for Bass and Pike will also be appreciated, we are not regular fisherman so I want to give my son the best chance to catch some fish. Thanks

Been going to camps bay for at least 6 yrs now. Usually the end of august. We do well on walleye using worm harnesses and bottom bouncers try trolling across from the cabins along the north shore headed east. I know others do well with jigs. I try to stay in 25 to32 ft. of water. We get sone northerns casting #4 or 5 spinners in the many shallow bays toward the east end of the lake.Ask or get a map and find east bay.Watch where the other boats are fishing and either troll,drift ,or anchor with worms or minnows you'll pick up bass and walleye. It's a big lake with alot of structure dont have to go far to do well.

try in north of big island or on the southside of big island in 32 fow.also there is a sunken island mid lake with 2 clorex bottles markin the spot very shallow but on the east side it drops fast and the eyes should be there.west of the bottles it drops more slowly perfect for green slimey bass,for pike try the coves and bays south of big island.hope this helps .also beware not all sunken islands are marked be careful!!and so long 4 now;john

go to fish hawk.net,[a canadian fish page]http://www.fish-hawk.net/Map_project/maps/Big%20Gull-FH.gif]look for maps ,then big gull lake.g5-g6.on the map is where you can find big island and great walleye water,f5 is where you will find the clorex bottles ,great multi species area.catch the eyes with worms on the bottom,either black jigs or bottom bouncers with dixies.for pike fish the deep weed lines with your fav, pike lure,and green slimey bass will hit anything that moves!!hope it helps and so long 4 now;john

tell me more!!i really cant commit ive got a daughter goin to college ,so everythin revolves around her!!BUT if i am free ill shall be there.!!just need some info,what launch ?who gets the scratch ?and what pup after the tourney is over?;and so long 4 now;john