shark cannonballs ?

I use black, 15 lb, I`ve had no issues, I have friends that use the chrome, and they feel that they have fish  attracted to the ball, more than there flasher. I also know charter captn that use bllk.  I got blk based on my friends comments.  post-157723-0-95872000-1472075428_thumb.jpg

I have the 15's in black and high gloss. Run the black when overcast and high gloss when I am running riggers deep or on sunny days. Sometimes we mix it up and put one of each out and found it doesn't really make a difference.

I run 2 17lb Sharks weights, a 20 and a 15. All are black with one chrome. The chrome one catches a lot of fish but when I tried all chrome sharks its seemed to be to much. I switched back to only running one chrome at a time but I'm still really impressed with the amount of fish the lone chrome one catches

• 4 years later...

resurrecting this discussion as I was just about to paint my torpedoes (from Troutman87) chrome.  I know the downrigger ball can be considered a 'secondary' attractor.  I guess I'm thinking of those early morning bites when running F/F close to the ball.  Later in the day I'll be running longer leads, stealth rigs below the weight, etc.  I've been reading a lot of books, and there's been some references to some color on downrigger weights, but not a lot.  I was thinking mine would be a poor man's shark, basically.  Thoughts?

57 minutes ago, bigwalleye said:

resurrecting this discussion as I was just about to paint my torpedoes (from Troutman87) chrome.  I know the downrigger ball can be considered a 'secondary' attractor.  I guess I'm thinking of those early morning bites when running F/F close to the ball.  Later in the day I'll be running longer leads, stealth rigs below the weight, etc.  I've been reading a lot of books, and there's been some references to some color on downrigger weights, but not a lot.  I was thinking mine would be a poor man's shark, basically.  Thoughts?

What I have done with my black weights was put a piece of fish scale tape on the back fin of weights. More than once have I had fish strike the tail of those weights so I just keep going with it. Not sure if it was attracted to it but it’s happened multiple times.