Did a short am trip out of Sodus.. We fished 6:30-9:30, and it was well worth it!!

The stagers are here! We fished 100-130 just a bit west. Our riggers were parked 85-100 down, dipseys 270-320 on setting 1.5. We ended up 4-6 on kings, mostly matures, mostly on meat or mag spoons, with one shot on white flasher/green fly. The fish are right where they should be and they are eating well. The screen was lit up all morning, and I suspect you can grind bites all day...

Back at it Saturday.

post-143448-14721388664849_thumb.jpg

post-143448-14721382857834_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

post-143448-14721382754624_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdebadts

Yeah I guess I was mainly referring to the fact that you found them without searching all over the place like others have been doing :)

I went 0-5 today solo in the afternoon. Along with a couple releases I didn't count. The stud bait was a moonshine geezer on a swr. After I lost it to a really nice fish that screamed out and almost spooled me...the action slowed. They wanted it fast 2.8 at the ball.

My FF is a dsi and has a really narrow cone. I marked a ton of fish and bait way up high around 40-60 down. I launched at 11 and fished out to 250 for a look-see then joined the pack around 2:00. Ran most of my stuff DEEP...around 100-110. Had the 600 copper release a couple of times. But running solo I missed it driving or changing stuff around. I pulled my dipseys after awhile because all my hits were on the riggers. And they kept popping running as hot as I was. I tried a couple other moonshines and the geezer was the only one for them.

What was the down temp and out of curiosity if your were doing 2.8 at the ball Joe what was your surface speed.  I use a depth raider and 2.8 might be 4 at the surface.  That seems really fast so perhaps my probe is misreading.

What was the down temp and out of curiosity if your were doing 2.8 at the ball Joe what was your surface speed. I use a depth raider and 2.8 might be 4 at the surface. That seems really fast so perhaps my probe is misreading.

I was up to 3.5 sog. I ran slow most of the day 2.0-2.4 at the ball. Then the boat upped itself while I was deploying gear. Next thing you know fish on! The next few hits I took I would stay steady at 2.4...then burn it up to 2.8. Then back down.

Thanks Joe.  The currents have been brutal at times so I've struggled to fish fast since the riggers look like they're skiing behind boat.  I have 12lb torpedos and feel like I need to move up in weight.  I'll speed it up anyway and give a go.

I'm running the 12 lbs torpedos as well. They do blow way back when they are set deep and you bump up the speed. I think it was the fluctuations in speed that triggered the bites. When you bump your speed up the baits slow down for a few seconds...then speed up. Plus I was driving pretty irradically as well. Boat was driving itself as I fought fish or changed rods out.