oak orchard

happyhooker4

i salmon fish the oak but have never walleye fished it, is it any good and what the heck do i start, i fish lake erie alot, but never lake o for walleye, have a trip scheduled for sept, 15 to the 19th, for salmon but looking for a back up  plan, any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks happyhooker4

There are some...very few...walleye. a few invariably get caught up at the dam each year, but very rare. So they are around I'll say. I have on occasion come across a couple boats that anchor off the breakwall at night, and I can't tell you they do well, but they are fishing walleye, bass. If you do that, be sure to keep a light on while anchored or drifting. You could get run over by the salmon boats coming in late. Twice I've been approaching the breakwall channel and nearly hit boats that are sitting totally dark...not cool. But yes try it if all else fails, it's still fishing, and as long as you plan to be there, why not! To the east side there is some hard bottom rocky shallows that may be of intrest. Look at a chart to see some of those areas.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app