Ruff Rider Sodus Live Report 2016 Aug 26 - Sep 4

SKUNK

Took my daughter and probable son-in-law out of Hughes, hit the water around 6:30AM, worked from 80' - 130" of water, best screen around 80 - 90 then moved up to 65 - 70 but we couldn't even buy a release. tried from 2.0 - 3.2 mph. High point of trip was breakfast sandwiches son in law grabbed at Hughes - they where excellent.

Good luck to you all,

Bob

I did Hughes yesterday. 1pm to 8pm. Marked a ton. Most fish from 5' to 20'. Not even sure they are fish as you would think you might see them over the side. The SONAR is only casting a 5' or so cone at that depth. Had one solid rip on the 180 dipsy over 120 East troll after bumping to 3.2 from 2.7 (swing and a miss). Then a small brown 6-7lbs on a glow/green frog pattern spoon on a dipsy out 150 over 80. Marked a ton but nothing was biting except the flies. We had to wash down the boat as we had so many dead flies from snapping them with a towel and killing them. BBQ and racing today. Back on the water tomorrow. Thinking of launching at the river tomorrow. Waiting to read the reports.

My son and I fished out of Hughes 6 AM - 3 PM  6 rods out all day. One early morning fish on homemade multi color fly and wire immediately tangled on another line and got off. Only hit we had all day. Worked 90-120 most of time then went out to 330 ft to see if anything happening (wind switched to north so went back south with it) didn't mark anything on the way out. Not much marked but what we did mark was either directly on bottom (lakers) in 130-150 ft or up high 20-40ft from surface. Kind of a frustrating day .....but then again eeven a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work  anyway :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I know the bite has been really tough, but I cannot believe the lack of boats out here right now (6pm) considering the best bite seems to have been evening

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I think a lot of people have been putting in longer than normal hours trying to find a few fish and finally decided to take some time to spend off the water... at least that's my excuse ;)