Conesus or Lake Alice reports?

ErnieLearns

Not much to report at lake alice. Last I was aware they haven't stocked lake alice since the late 90's. Where did you read the stocking info? Spent a lot of time with very little to show for it, hard place to figure out when you cant get any thing to fire.  Better fishing in Irondequoit.

Otisco is as good as it gets day in day out....from dusk till midmorning working the deepest water with inlines and covering from 15 to 30 down is producing. Im using deep divers, but other techniques are working to some degree as well. Floating weeds are an issue for sure but using clip weights near your board you can work thru them.

DEC website show they have been stocking Lake Alice with walleye since 2012.I was wondering if this stocking has led to decent walleye fishing.

That lake is full of food for fish. Very hard to get a good consistent bite out of them. Also, I think just about every species of fish live in there. I fish it in winter through the ice, and the camera shows miryads of insect larvae crawling around the bottom. The fish are well fed. Walleyes are rare for the most part. I don't know about any recent stocking.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes full of fish like conesus just cant get em to go, My graph is always lite up like a Christmas tree, gona try in the fall when they get their feed bags, that is if its to warm to bowhunt! Or tag out. hahah wishfull thinking!

Conesus can't be that different than Otisco....I know we have had more stocking, but look at the spawning run....I remember being told by everyone I ran into that there's no way you can get consistent catches at Otisco. Guys told me if you catch a few a season you are doing well....all a big bunch of bs! If the fish are in there they can be caught and caught in numbers period! Just because nobody else is talking doesn't mean it isn't happening either. How many walleye reports did you find on Otisco prior to mine...answer... mine! Sometimes you have to actually go out time after time and figure it out the hard way....night fishing should improve your odds of getting started at least.

Allice has walleye. That is for sure I've seen a few caught. Never caught them although I've tried many hours. The lake has lots of bugs and the panfish are big there. Decent bass and a few good pike. The place is narrow. Its really just a river, not a lake. Bottom is littered with tree limbs and such and your bottom bouncing worm harness or dipsys will snag everything. Expect many expensive break off's. Its not long either so you'd set up and have to pop some dipsys to turn and reset. Plus's its a wave pool on nice days with all the boat and waterskiing traffic. Its an obstacle course and is nuts to even think of trolling anything there.....so...? That leaves jigging. Most fish I catch are all on the dropoffs with the most wood piles under it. Jigging down in the trees for bluegill. Lots of break off snags so just cheap jighead and worm or waxie. I usually use ice fishing rods with 4lb line and have lost a few big ones to the woodpile not able to get them out. Always bass sheaphead and other stuff but it really seems like the place that you have to hit the fish in the face to get a bite. And that spot will usually be good for more fish but 2ft over and no bites. Would really be nice to have the anchor on the trolling motor cause you can't hold anchor in deep water without blowing around. Find cover and try jigging a bait in the face of a very well fed fish and hope he bites.....also Glenwood lake near there is a nice small lake. Both have walleye. But I'd not recommend them as walleye lakes. More lakes where you could get lucky and hit one or two on the best day ever, but for the hastle I'd fish elsewhere. There are a few people that fished that whole lake there whole life and can catch a few semi consistantly, most are 12-18 that I've seen.