Cast and blast Sat 8/27

Longspurs and I started off at one of our farms looking for some pigeons to shoot. As we pulled up to the field we saw a big flock flying around the far end of the field. We drive the truck out to where they were found a strip of 3 ft high grass and set up on the shady side of it. My buddy parked the truck 100 yards down the field edge as I settled into the spot. We put the spin wing 25 yards in front of us and before we knew it there was a pair of birds on their way. They came in perfectly right to left and we dispatched then with 1 quick shot each. The next 45 mins to an hour it was steady birds then like someone switched off the light switch it was all over. We ended up with 20 pigeons including a all white one

ea8ff8b57b7fb2f3da09e6571ee377ce.jpg33282c02f6fd8acb0fab774797da8300.jpg

I got home after the pigeon shoot and Chris from Minion flies called wanting to know if I was free to go fishing. I immediately agreed so we made plans to meet at bear Creek at 345. We worked from 80 to 180 I think with 110 being the best screen. We took 2 shots fought a decent fish for a few mins on a dipsey but it came unbuttoned and took a 27 lber in 115 ft on 200ft steel line with 200 ft 19 strain wire so it was same depth as 400 copper pulling black ice Minion meat rig. It was my gf biggest king to date. 5258a85c74724d3e7252d9f5d35141a2.jpg74685a07e6f75af45d9d09e7371ef830.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's cheating! There's nothing that doesn't taste good wrapped in bacon!

We used to cut 2 liter soda bottles in half at an angle and paint them gray and black. You could make lots of decoys that way, and they were really light to carry. 

I'd hate to be a white pigeon. Easy target in a flock...

That's cheating! There's nothing that doesn't taste good wrapped in bacon!

We used to cut 2 liter soda bottles in half at an angle and paint them gray and black. You could make lots of decoys that way, and they were really light to carry. 

I'd hate to be a white pigeon. Easy target in a flock...

we use the pigeons we shoot as decoys but all you really need is just a spin wing and they will come right to it

Way to guys and gals, no offense bondouley, but I'm still stuck on 2 pics the one were your better half is reeling that big guy in or the pic. Where she's holding that bad boy, either way your a lucky man and best wishes for the best of ya's!! Yea, Minion is a super guy he took care of me, with his flies, with a heart of gold, the unrigged flies kept me busy during a tuff time in my life, you certainly surround yourself with good people. I use the mojo crow when we go crow hunting, that bad boy pulls those crows that are up in the clouds right into range of a high brass 12 guage with full choke tube in and around 5ft of leed. Great post!!

27 lb fight pic , I was quite impressed with the 200 steel with 19 strand backer.... and your girls skill on the rod... hopefully we can get a other loc fish on the board before it's over ...

Thanks pap , hope you got a chance to get them wet this year !

minion trolling flies

post-154185-14724903141338_thumb.jpg

Edited by minion

thanks guys i really do have an exceptional lady who is as hardcore as anyone i have met when it comes to fishing.  Her first time ever fishing was with me 4 yrs ago in december ice fishing on honeoye lake.