Olcott Niagara Bar 8/26 to 8/28

I fished with my two sons this past weekend in Lake Ontario. We were staying in Olcott from Friday until Sunday. We rolled into Olcott about 4:00 PM Friday afternoon. We rigged the boat an headed out to catch the evening bite. We were disappointed with the action out of Olcott that night. We only caught 2 small kings that we released. We decided to head over to the Niagara Bar on Saturday morning to see if anything was going on down there. We heard rumors that the kings were starting to stage there. We were not disappointed. We caught majors ranging from 22 to 33 pounds. We took 9 fish on Saturday and 10 more on Sunday morning. I caught my personal best 31 pounder. My oldest son caught the biggest of the trip tipping the scale at 33 pounds. My younger son got one that weighed 28 pounds. I also caught my first Atlantic this trip. We took some huge rips on the wire dipsies. One broke the leader off the fly and the other straightened out the hook on the fly. Best set up’s were wire dipsies out on 3 settings at 250 with a size 0 dip and 150 on a mag dipsie set on a 1 setting and riggers parked at 60 to 80 feet down.  Meat rigs took some nice fish. Spin Doctors in Mountain Dew with a green crinkle fly and white Spin Doctor with green dots with a green hammer fly also did well. The only spoon that really worked well, was a black NK Mag with raspberry tape with a white back. Seasick waddler also took a few shots. A great weekend with my boys! First time the 3 of us we were able to fish together all year and we made some lasting memories this trip.

569422f4-0c1c-478f-b338-cff172099b76_zps

Netting a 33 pounder at sunrise

33_zpsfhygrxav.jpg

Largest of the trip at 33 pounds

31_zpsedxlzdy4.jpg

My 31 pounder

495f2425-1f6e-4b8e-b750-b8cbedee3dca_zps

28 pounds

3%20big%20fish_zpsleqds2ck.jpg

A great day!

22_zpsznydgcmr.jpg

A nice silver 22 pounder.