Charging Glow lures?

I read an article a while back (can't find it now) but the author claimed he had more hits after the glow charge had worn down quite a bit. I haven't fished enough glow to confirm this but it might be something worth noting?

I read an article a while back (can't find it now) but the author claimed he had more hits after the glow charge had worn down quite a bit. I haven't fished enough glow to confirm this but it might be something worth noting?

That is our experience as well. Usually about 20 mins after charging they start taking rips

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been using a 35mm camera flash for years to light up salmon spoons. They now repackage these flashes as separate products and various companies have been selling them. Here is one example: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Luhr-Jensen-reg-Power-Flash/1353578.uts?productVariantId=1321075&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=10019673&rid=20&gclid=CLT-4ICV884CFQyUaQodhOYGCw&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'd also like to try the UV flashlight. Didn't know they work so well!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by LakerTaker

Just make sure you keep the LED's and black lights away from your eyes as they can cause irreversible damage if shined directly into the eyes (UV)

So how long do you charge a lure up with the uv light? I charge em up for a couple min with a spot light.

Wonder if this would work when tracking deer blood trails.

Edited by tannero

I've been using a 35mm camera flash for years to light up salmon spoons. They now repackage these flashes as separate products and various companies have been selling them. Here is one example: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Luhr-Jensen-reg-Power-Flash/1353578.uts?productVariantId=1321075&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=10019673&rid=20&gclid=CLT-4ICV884CFQyUaQodhOYGCw&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'd also like to try the UV flashlight. Didn't know they work so well!

I did use the 35mm flash, had 2 cause they take a few seconds between flashes, really bright. The UV Cree LED flashlights don't cause night blindness.,and the glow lasts longer. Once you use one you will throw the flash in the trash. Super good for glow blue and purple which take longer to charge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Smoke-N-Finn

I did use the 35mm flash, had 2 cause they take a few seconds between flashes, really bright. The UV Cree LED flashlights don't cause night blindness.,and the glow lasts longer. Once you use one you will throw the flash in the trash. Super good for glow blue and purple which take longer to charge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cool, I will give it a try!

Be really careful saving a few bucks and getting one of the Chinese multiple color flashlights.  They claim they are UV leds in there, but they arent really since they dont have the correct spectrum/wavelength.  Better off getting an actual UV flashlight off of amazon.  

Just because they are purple, it doesnt mean its really UV.  

Edited by vetting

Yeah they obviously all come from China.

In order to be UV it must have a wavelength between 100 to 380 nm.  The issue is that real UV leds are crazy expensive so you have to get ones that are right on the edge of UV. Something in the UVA range of 315–400nm. The amazon one is 395 nm.  There is a big difference in the charging of purple and blue spoons and getting an extended softer glow on green spoons when you are talking about individual flashlights.  If it is over 400nm, dont buy it.  If it doesnt even list the wavelength, definitely dont by it.   

UV flashlight from amazon - this is the one I use. Its the only thing that will charge up purple glow spoons the way they should be.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FTGMSGI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow!

I took your advice and just got my light. Waved it over some glow plugs in a fully lit room and they still glowed. Amazing. Charges them up in a second.

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Chowdaire

I got the amazon one recommended. Surprised that an 11 dollar light was machined aluminum and feels very solid. Playing around with a chartreuse glow lure and it really pops. Thanks for the tip. Now to see what the walleyes think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk