Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Injuries like that do effect antler development.

Six or seven years ago I had a tiny buck walk up with in two ft.of me,it was about 2.5ft. tall and had the same horn deformity. I think it was 6or8 months old or less. The following season I was talking to a neighbor and I told him about this deer, he told me it was living in the patch of woods across the road from where I hunt and was doing well.That was in the HoneyOe Falls area. I don't think it was the same deer. Do you think he got into it with a bigger  buck and got his butt kicked?Just a thought.

How much does this service typically run?

Up to the tracker and hunter, legally in NY you have to be a licensed guide to charge a fee.

Usually we put in at least four hours, or at least determined if the deer was still alive or just needed more time. Found a gut shot buck for a guy once after 9 hours it was still alive, we backed out gave it three more hours and walked in and found him dead. If you think its a gut shot give em 12 hours you run the yote risk but you are way more likely to bump him and never find him til who knows when.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Got out yesterday afternoon,saw 1 buck at 5:15 just caught a glimpse don't believe it was a shooter.

Kind of bummed the 10 pt from this property I had an early picture of busted a tine on his left side...good thing is gotta be something bigger that he was fighting with...also what are the odds of another mutant buck with a messed up right antler on a completely different property?

2nrf0c2.jpg

vimxas.jpg

9lkfpk.jpg

a4ycs8.jpg

2vuczm1.jpg

10xyce9.jpg

Yesterday was insane with deer moving from 5 pm onward. I saw a bunch of small bucks harassing doe, but it didn't look serious. Still, it's a start. The buck were patrolling edges of thick cover with their ears cocked. No big guys: an eight, a six and a four within range. Fun evening.

Most would think that the once the snow flys for the first time of the year that the deer will be moving like crazy. I for one tend to think the opposite. To me it seems like the first snow fall kinda shocks them since it changed there surroundings si much? Maybe not, but I usually see a big drop in movement the first time we see snow.

Well i havent seen a deer in eight days. High sun and Daytime highs around 27 degrees celsius probably havent helped any. Most of the trees still have their leaves and the thick vegetation makes it very tough to see from the set. Lots of goats (very few shooters) and about a dozen peacocks (not yet in season). The deer hunting has been down right terrible here in Jamaica. Apparently they dont have deer here, lol. Headed home today and back at it tomorrow in the New York woods. Sounds like the seasonal weather change finally hit, so hopefully we should have a good month ahead of us. My wife thinks i am nuts but i am ready for a bit of snow and frosty november mornings.

Most would think that the once the snow flys for the first time of the year that the deer will be moving like crazy. I for one tend to think the opposite. To me it seems like the first snow fall kinda shocks them since it changed there surroundings si much? Maybe not, but I usually see a big drop in movement the first time we see snow.

Could not agree more.... Its often like a morgue first snow fall. Have shot several deer still hunting on first snow however.....Usually after a very slow morning on watch. Snow is great for vis and locating at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United