Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

3 small buck this morning

I believe there are some doe in heat already and big guys are locked up

Sunday was a free for all in the afternoon with 9 buck sites and big guys chasing doe and on the prowl

Now the past couple days unattended fawns and small yr and a half buck only

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by dvdegeorge

I drive back and forth from one side of monroe county to the other every day and am not seeing much of anything yet dead at the road. I'm sure after the rain tomorrow it will be a much different story

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Well my cousins and 2 uncles got back from Ohio, where they lease land from a farmer who we met when we fished the western basin of Erie. The guy is really cool, and he hunts also. At first they used to take a camper to stay the week, as they got to know each other better the farmer let them have a smaller building, to stay in. Bob my one uncle is a mason by trade and bill is a carpenter by trade and so is his two sons. The farmer said its yours make yourself comfortable, and so they did Robert layed up the back wall in stone and a hearth for a wood stove and Bill and my cousins insulated and did the inside with rough sawn boards and the got a local cement company to bring concrete in and poured a floor and finished it off. They did this out of there pocket money, then they showed the farmer. He was so pleased he had tears in his eyes. He said fella's you have the rite to come and go as you please. The following year the farmer had running water and a bathroom put in for the guys. As time went on the farmer started to hunt with them and at night play cards, Bill put in gas lights and freezer and refrigerater so no electric!!. Just this year the farmer gave them another little building and made it into a butcher house with water and a drain in the floor. So now they have a sweet little house with a butcher house. The guys wanted me to make some jerky for themselves and the farmer, I just had a not to shabby for only doing this 20 some years, I'm going to pull the lower 2 racks the upper 3 racks need more time. I never in my life made jerky at 72* outside, I'm having a hell of a time to keep the temp down.LOL and I have 5 more racks to come out yet!! It's a lot of works as many of you guys know, but it's so rewarding when they try a piece of jerky and you can just see it's a go!! I truly like it. PAP,,

=43401:image.jpeg]post-150331-0-59776000-1478116949_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-58006200-1478116980_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-71012000-1478117011_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-53807400-1478117081_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-72706700-1478117160_thumb.jpg

post-150331-0-80163900-1478116056_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pap

I passed nine scrapes to get to the stand tonight. Mostly one and done. I'm thinking Scraping is very close to peaking.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread.  I blew out my knee in July and wasn't able to get into the woods until last week.  I have all next week off so going to try and get up in the stand as much as i can.  This thread has kept me going.  Thanks again,