Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Doe with quadruplets? Yup! Behind my house I have a doe with 4 fawns. The camera is pointing at a mock scrape with a scent dripper on it. Look at the fawn that is in the scrape. It has a huge tumor on its chest.

Yes i agree, some in heat for sure. i have had my best luck seeing mature deer on their feet in day light from oct 25 - 30th. The bucks with age class on them have gone through the rut multiple times and so they are aware that some will go into heat early. Look at the bucs harvested in previous posts around those dates, and a buddy got that big one i passed the 28th,( proly go 135 as a 8, opps i may have mis juged em) wich is the date i killed my buck last year.As those first racked bucks are runing around crazy the matures are taking there time and mythodicaly scent checking the does. That the time frame on my perticular property as observed over the lst 15 yrs, like stated above every block of land is little difrent based on age class stucture and numbers of deer. Headed to camp at noon down in steuben county, place been sitin dormant for 3 weeks so should be hot! Then back up to 8a to get onto my best spots that have yet to be tampered with, hopefully, lol. Ben holding out so that i stiill have my buck tag for this 5 day hunt at camp, got alot of time into the land with plots, stand ect to not give it a good go with a buck tag still in my pocket.wil be off the grid for a little bit, so good luck to all.

Spot on with your assessment. If you have mature bucks on your property they like to corral the doe and keep small bucks out, the doe like it because they get harassed a lot less, when sparks fly between two big boys thats when it gets fun. Hunting the transition zones now and down wind of a good bedding area can produce big. Each buck is an individual but catching him making a mistake is key to killing him. Start mid day hunting your transition spots it will pay off. A doe is in estrus for 48 hours, the big boys get the early ones, when a big boy is looking for his next hot doe he may not have to travel too far, bad for us, this rain today and the shortening of the daylight (weather related) will put a few more into heat. These mini peaks in the rut we observe are due to the reduction of available light, (photoperiodism ) so think out of the box, pinch points, down wind sides of bedding areas or that little spot that the old buck likes to hole up with a doe. Also my opinion on calls, use only as a last ditch effort. No blind calling ! Move if you don't have action.

Ok 1 more video... 

A buck bachelor group providing the entertainment from one night in early September!

https://youtu.be/vOgGg5fS5BY

Holy moly that was a great vid. you guys are surly blessed with your out door activities!!! Once that bigger buck moved in they scurried like mice, and just disappeared. Great vid on a great thread!!

Legacy. I have owned both moultrie and wild game.

Neither company do repairs or service there cams. I had the same problem about 20 cams half working and the other half not. I called wild game and they said your cam is 2 yrs old I said yes then he says there is nothing we can do for you we do not fix them.

So I said what should I do with it?

He said it's totally up to you !!

Me : so basically it's garbage might as well toss it out!!

Him: it's your camera do what you want with it !!!!

Never again will I buy wild game innovations cams again.

Since I have been getting cuddebacks great cams and great customer service and they have the best warranty out to 5yrs and actually fix and sell parts for them.

$99 to $150. Worth every dime

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Wild game said the same thing with the halo rangefinder I bought. Pretty much told me to stuff it when I told them it was acting up. Brutal

If you are gonna use anything get the real stuff from a deer farm or Dick has it frozen I believe it's called antler ice

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Antler ice is a local product the guy who part owns it is doing the taxidermy on my fisher I just caught. Their scents all work great.

Evercalm is another scent I've been using this year with good results...not an attractant tho

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hung a new set this afternoon. Pretty breezy in 8a so I'm hoping it helped with the noise. It has all the makings of a stellar spot. A little tight in here and It could definitely use a pole saw. Hopefully the deer like it as much as I do!

Hung a new set this afternoon. Pretty breezy in 8a so I'm hoping it helped with the noise. It has all the makings of a stellar spot. A little tight in here and It could definitely use a pole saw. Hopefully the deer like it as much as I do!

Sounds like the afternoon I had in 8f.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app