Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Mayb I should just delete this thread..... Vacation for 10 days starting Sunday..... Sitting on pins and needles right now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I heard there going to be running double shifts starting Saturday and all vacation time will be suspended till later notice!!!!

I didn't think I'd be able to get out this weekend at all because I have drill for the Air National guard. Found out my class for tomorrow got cancelled today so I called up my supervisor to see if I could do Friday/Saturday instead of Saturday/Sunday got the ok so I got home as fast as I could and now I'll be able to hunt Sunday and Monday before class. Pumped to get into the tree this weekend and glad I didn't join the army lol.

........that deer wouldn't make 120" even if you used my brother's tape measure.  Looks 109-112"....probably 2.5 years old?  Two or three more years of cooking needed.

2 1/2yr old for sure I didn't measure him  likely won't be 120" rough quick guess from stand before I looked at pictures.. but glad to see you are good enough to nail it down to 109-112" 

2 or 3 more years huh? So you only shoot 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 yr old deer god bless you, how many 5 1/2 yr old buck you killed in NY?

Edited by dvdegeorge

Wondering what everybody's drive time is to their properties/stands I'm lucky enough to have one property right across the street my other property is an hour away. I always hear about the deer sightings on the way to people stands just wondering the distance traveled

Wondering what everybody's drive time is to their properties/stands I'm lucky enough to have one property right across the street my other property is an hour away. I always hear about the deer sightings on the way to people stands just wondering the distance traveled

A hour to the southern tier but I spend most of my time local so 10-15 minutes.

8 mins to my lease, 4 mins to a 30 acre spot, and 3 mins to another 30 acre spot, round trip I can drive by all them to check for suspicious activities in about 13 mins! 6 more hours of work and off for a week!

Drove to my property in 8F ( hour drive ) this morning. Not one deer seen on way, there. Nothing at all yet in my stand. Wind is not as bad as predicted, it's tolerable. Temp is perfect, overcast skies....everything seems right just no movement yet