Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

Well didn't put a tag on a pa buck this weekend. Saw a Nice 9 point on the side of field I had the wife last night. And i saw two does but no doe tags. So may come back with some more time off or deffinitely late season January! But sitting at hamburg Cabela's today. Been to quite a few Cabela's all over the us. And this one is really awesome would recommend anyone to check it out!

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a ton of bucks on my camera since last Friday when I checked it last, 6 different bucks and only 2 does. I like the way that 10 is looking but an 8 pointer of that magnitude and symmetry looks hard to pass. Figured I'd throw that goofball in there too because he's the next biggest.

The other pics are just more of a testament to not buying Moultrie cameras, not really sure where that tree came and went so fast.  

post-149334-0-11575500-1478442000_thumb.jpg

post-149334-0-74964300-1478442021_thumb.jpg

post-149334-0-28915800-1478442036_thumb.jpg

post-149334-0-02184900-1478442062_thumb.jpg

post-149334-0-69258600-1478442081_thumb.jpg

post-149334-0-02537800-1478442099_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeltHunter

Well after a hour of tracking the blood trail disappeared and was on the neighbors property. Must of been a upper leg hit is all I can think cause I had a couple good piles of blood plus the trail was pretty red for about 150 yrds. Damn I'm sick to my stomach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well after a hour of tracking the blood trail disappeared and was on the neighbors property. Must of been a upper leg hit is all I can think cause I had a couple good piles of blood plus the trail was pretty red for about 150 yrds. Damn I'm sick to my stomach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

http://deersearch.org/using-dogs-to-track-wounded-deer/ This is always an option.

Better shot of my buck, good luck guys

attachicon.gifIMG_1478446114.579898.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Scotty - yet another beautiful deer taken by you! Congrats buddy.

Lots of great 9H action this year.....but still waiting on a big boy

Be safe - thanks for sharing brother,

Chris

I never write on the hunting forum but I want to share this story that happened today to me. Firstly, those of you that know me, know I am a fisherman first and a hunter second but I have been putzing around at it for 50 yrs. 

Last eve. I shot a nice doe. Since the arrow indicated liver shot I decided to wait and track her in the morn. After close to four hours without a blood trail I came across a narrow grassy path through a thicket and into a small clearing of tall dried up grass. I looked to my left and there she was lying down - so I thought. I walked up to about 6' and "he" lifted his head showing one 3 pt. antler and one broke off. I thought well it was late and I just didn't see the antler when I shot. Next thing I know, he stands up and stares at me, rotates around so I could look for any holes in him ( none) and doesn't move. All of 6' I decided to back out of the opening and sure enough he circles around and parallels my walk, and  only 20' . I stop, he stops, - I walk , he walks. Finally he stares at me and gave a light stomp of his foot. I thought, holy ****, he is going to charge.  I took my pack off and got my weapon out, a 5" knife! For some dumb reason, I gave a doe yelp. That was stupid. Now he is in love with me and follows again. (I wonder what the autopsy report would have been when they found a three pt. antler up my you know what) I continued walking quickly away and finally he gave up. 

This lasted at least 15 min and I did get two quick pictures with the phone.

Tomorrow, I am going perch fishing again. A hell of a lot safer. 

Back in where I had all the action Friday evening. Before I could get my gloves two doe have joined me and are still just hanging out. Wind supposed to be NNE but instead is more East don't get it! Very questionable wether I should stay In this tree.......