Legacy- 2016 Deer Season

Legacy

I've see nothing since noon, and that was a 2.5 old just cruising. My legs hurt and my A $$ is sore! Ready for a Miller Lite after this sit!

I was just daydreaming of the ice cold labatts in my fridge. Saw a giant cross the road on my way back from measuring Windows around noon. I got home, ate real quick, slugged a beer and was in my stand by 1:00. Haven't seen a thing yet this afternoon.

Covered up in deer since I got in here this morning. Had a buck cone through in the dark and bump the does near me. Grunting up a storm. Came all the way in grunting and and walked away grunting. Obnoxious. Had a young 4 pt come in and scent checked every ounce of acreage. Took him 20 minutes and hes passed by me three times so far.

First sit in a while not to see deer. I was hunting a relatively untouched area at a friend's place that's usually loaded with deer, but there was nothing to be found last night. Neither he nor I saw much but turkey, although two young ones ran past me five minutes after I got into the stand...chased away by somebody tending a doe near the bedding area? I think that we'll see more of this over the next week with areas devoid of activity as the bucks concentrate on hot doe.

Within 10 mins had 7 yearling s come through. 2 mins later a spike drives 2 of them back out, another minute passes and a real nice 2.5 8pt comes out chasing one also, they stop at 60 yards and I watched him breed her!! Unreal the 2nd time I've Witnessed that!

Edited by JakeyBaby

Within 10 mins had 7 yearling s come through. 2 mins later a spike drives 2 of them back out, another minute passes and a real nice 2.5 8pt comes out chasing one also, they stop at 60 yards and I watched him breed her!! Unreal the 2nd time I've Witnessed that!

Stand please no is cool.......

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Nice post guys!! Working night shifts so no hunting for me now. Have seen two giants the last two mornings from the house. Both are holed up in separate two acre brush lots with a doe. Watched them go in this am after hitting the corn. Won't see them again in daylight. Good luck to everyone that gets to hunt today. Sean